Is it stable to upgrade to OS X El Capitan today?

VictorHGarciaVictorHGarcia ✭✭USUniversity ✭✭
edited September 2015 in Xamarin.iOS

Hello friends,

I'm starting to download "El Capitan" the new OS X version, I also installed the latest stable update of Xamarin Studio to ensure the compatibility. But I'm wondering if there is any issues I need to be aware of before install it.

Any opinion?

Thanks

• ConnorFlaat.1662ConnorFlaat.1662 ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

I would like to know also.

• AdamZucchiAdamZucchi ✭✭✭ USUniversity, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭

+1

• JasonAwbreyJasonAwbrey mod USInsider, University, Developer Group Leader mod

I just upgraded and haven't had any problems yet

• VictorHGarciaVictorHGarcia ✭✭ USUniversity ✭✭

Thanks @JasonAwbrey I will give it a try then.

• AdamZucchiAdamZucchi ✭✭✭ USUniversity, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭

I did a fresh/clean install of OS X El Capitan and am back up and running with no problems in Xamarin Studio.

• JimBordenJimBorden ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

I, on the other hand, have had nothing BUT problems. Here are a few of them: https://borrrden.wordpress.com/2015/10/01/the-ruthless-el-capitan/

It seems Xamarin Studio has developed some form of mental disorder where it cannot find ANYTHING. Note the third workaround just to get it to find the bloody mono command. Why doesn't XS look at my PATH?

• VictorHGarciaVictorHGarcia ✭✭ USUniversity ✭✭

Upgraded and all working good...

thanks all!

@JimBorden interesting issue... did you install Xamarin Studio manually or using automatically wizard?

• JimBordenJimBorden ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

@VictorHGarcia I used the automatic installer a couple times. I posted about this in another forum, but it looks like Xamarin Studio is using an altered path to search for things. Since mono was moved from /usr/bin to /usr/local/bin it no longer is in the altered path that Xamarin Studio is looking in. My question is where is this altered path coming from and how can I change it? The comment in question is here