Release build crashes with Could not load NIB in bundle - Version 5.9.7 (build 9)

Hi,

I'm using the latest Xamarin Studio stable release Version 5.9.7 (build 9). I'm able to build an Ad-hoc release version of my application fine and when I run it on the device it crashes with the following error:

Objective-C exception thrown. Name: NSInternalInconsistencyException Reason: Could not load NIB in bundle: 'NSBundle </private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/CA2C8350-86BF-4060-B78E-C00284859F51/MyApp.app> (loaded)' with name 'MyView'

Is there any workaround that I could try to get this to run?

Answers

• I forgot to mention that after I deleted the application in the simulator and try to run it in debug mode it also crashes with the same problem...

• Any ideas or workaround on this??

Thanks

• rzee7rzee7 INUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @FedericoSilberberg

Can you please tell a bit about MyView What is the use?

Thanks
    RIYAZ

• I'm having this problem with all loaded xibs since the update

• JudoDeveloper - are you using visual studio to build your solution? If you are then your problem might be related to this bug: https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/50971/stable-release-xamarin-ios-9-0-ios-9-0-upstream-release/p1

Non-public Bug 34163 - [XamarinVS] [iOS] Error similar to: "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/Users/macuser/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/Unified.ClassLibrary.iOS1/242ab4564ac5785ce41fda606805edad/obj/Debug/ibtool/IPhoneViewController1.nib"" or "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/Users/macuser/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/Unified.ClassLibrary.iOS1/242ab4564ac5785ce41fda606805edad/obj/Debug/optimized/button_black_135x40.png"" when class library assembly name includes dot "." characters. Temporary workaround: Change "Project properties -> Application -> Assembly name" so that it includes no "." characters. Change the project name to match the modified assembly name.