Forum Xamarin.Android

Unable to remove device

When I try to delete an old device (Nexus 5 (Lollipop)) from the Installed-list the DeviceManager is closing, without any report.
I can find this in my system logs.

25/09/15 10:01:59,366 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.xamarin.XamarinAndroidPlayer.74156[25409]) Service exited with abnormal code: 1

Using version: 0.6.1 (1) on Mac

Best Answer

Answers

• LachlanMackenzieLachlanMackenzie USMember
    edited September 2015

Hi @TimBrand, would it be possible for you to generate a bug report by re-opening DeviceManager, selecting "Help" and then "Generate Bug Report". If the generated report can then be added as an attached file I will look into the issue.

• TheosTheos NLBeta ✭✭

Hi @LachlanMackenzie , I've tried to generate a bug report but also with that action the Device Manager will instantly stop/crash.
    I may find some extra usable lines in the Console. When starting the Device Manager I get the first 2 lines.

29/09/15 09:55:29,000 kernel[0]: org_virtualbox_SupDrvClient::initWithTask: Expected cookie 0x64726962 (VBoxSVC) 29/09/15 09:55:30,972 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent) The _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit key is not available on this platform. 29/09/15 09:55:38,832 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.xamarin.XamarinAndroidPlayer.74156[12432]) Service exited with abnormal code: 1

I have another device (which I don't want to delete) in the device manager which runs fine. So not all actions result in a crash ;)

• MarkSimpsonMarkSimpson USMember ✭✭✭

@TimBrand Can you browse to ~/Library/Logs/XAP and then upload the newest 'AndroidPlayer2015.log' and 'DeviceManager2015.log' files from there? These are some of the files that the Bug Tool collates. Also, please confirm which version of OS X you are running.

• TheosTheos NLBeta ✭✭
    edited September 2015

Hi @MarkSimpson, I've attached the latest 2 DeviceManager logs.
    Because it was creating multiple log files during a run (as it seems) I cleared the folder and did all the steps to remove a device and create a bug report. So the attached logs are containing only those actions.

Using OS X 10.10.5 (14F27)

Thanks!

• MarkSimpsonMarkSimpson USMember ✭✭✭

Thanks Tim!

VBoxManage: error: Runtime error opening '/Users/tim/Library/XAP/VMStorageLibrary/Nexus 5 (Lollipop)/Nexus 5 (Lollipop).vbox' for reading: -102(File not found.).
    VBoxManage: error: /Users/vbox/tinderbox/5.0-mac-rel/src/VBox/Main/src-server/MachineImpl.cpp[736] (nsresult Machine::i_registeredInit())
    VBoxManage: error: Details: code NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005), component MachineWrap, interface IMachine

This looks to be the problem. Followed by this error not been recognised and dealt with

[15-09-29 08:33:18.93] Error message not recognised as any standard type

Can you open VirtualBox's GUI and see what it thinks the status of Nexus 5 (Lollipop) is? Try starting it from VirtualBox.

• TheosTheos NLBeta ✭✭

This was the error message in VirtualBox:
    Runtime error opening '/Users/tim/Library/XAP/VMStorageLibrary/Nexus 5 (Lollipop)/Nexus 5 (Lollipop).vbox' for reading: -102(File not found.). /Users/vbox/tinderbox/5.0-mac-rel/src/VBox/Main/src-server/MachineImpl.cpp[736] (nsresult Machine::i_registeredInit()). Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005) Component: MachineWrap Interface: IMachine {f30138d4-e5ea-4b3a-8858-a059de4c93fd}
    I checked the path, and the device wasn't in the '/Users/tim/Library/XAP/VMStorageLibrary/' anymore. So it probably removed it from the drive, but failed somewhere after that and couldn't handle that anymore.

I also noticed there are some more old devices I've used before in the list of VirtualBox and on my drive. But these aren't listed in the Device Manager anymore.

I cleaned up all old and unused devices from VirtualBox and the location on my drive and the device isn't listed anymore in the Device manager. So it's all good now.

Hope you will have enough information to prevent something like this in the future.
    If you need anything, let me know!