Error when creating new build

BenBrookeBenBrooke USUniversity

I updated Xamarin Studio on my mac to v5.9.7 (build 9) and every time I try and create a build I get the error "Custom command failed (exit code: 1)
Build canceled." If I go back and install an older version of Xamarin Studio I don't get this error but I then the "Archive for Publishing" doesn't work. In this case I don't get an error it just simply does not create a new build. I don't experience any issues when I run the simulator these issues only occur when trying to create a new build. Any thoughts on how I can fix this? I appreciate the time/feedback. Also this is one of my first times posting to this forum. I apologize in advance if I am posting this questions in the wrong section/format.

Tagged:

Answers

• BenBrookeBenBrooke USUniversity

Also I normally don't get an error message just "Custom command failed
    (exit code: 1) Build canceled."

However I will get the message below (I would say 1 out of 10 tries
    and after restarting Xamarin Studio).

Errors:
    /Users/bbrooke/Projects/myFitGames/Droid/HiitTrainer.Droid.csproj (Build) ->
    /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Android/Xamarin.Android.Common.targets
    (_LinkAssemblies target) ->

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Android/Xamarin.Android.Common.targets:
    error : Error executing task LinkAssemblies: error XA2006: Reference
    to metadata item 'System.Void
    Android.Widget.AbsListView::SetSelectionFromTop(System.Int32,System.Int32)'
    (defined in 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android, Version=1.5.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null') from
    'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=null' could not be resolved

• AndyRohanAndyRohan CAMember
    edited September 2015

Hi Ben,

Find any solution to this? I'm in the same boat myself.

UPDATE: Had been targeting the iPhone 6 simulator but when I switched to 5s it built no problem. I don't have the time to investigate right now but may help you out.