Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Updating View with respect to ViewCell in Xamarin.Forms

YkshLeoYkshLeo USMember ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in Xamarin.Forms

I have a view with a list and a label.

I just placed a time picker inside the ViewCell of the corresponding list.

I want to know how can i get the selected time of the time picker into the corresponding label present in the view. !

How can i do it ?

How can i update the label inside the View with respect to the time picker present in the ViewCell ?

Best Answer

Answers

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Use bindings

• YkshLeoYkshLeo USMember ✭✭✭✭

@AlessandroCaiora : Will it update the view at the same moment of selection of time ?

Yes binding is for this. Or messagingcenter it's a solution. But on the view how many label do you have? One label one picket or one label many picker?

@AlessandroCaliaro : In my view there is a ListView having a ViewCell containing picker .

And in the same view i have a label outside the ListView.

I want to the get the value of the picker inside the ViewCell to be displayed in the Label which is placed outside the Listview in the same View or Page !

Ok I have understand this. But I think you have X pickers in your list view. If you change a second picker what should happen to your label in the page?

@AlessandroCaliaro : I will get the grand total value in the label.
    i.e, the sum of all the values of the picker want to be displayed in the label.

@AlessandroCaliaro : I think it can help me.