Receive GCM notification from parse or PushSharp or others...

arigatoarigato USMember

Hello everybody,

If I understand well, Parse.com / PushSharp / .... allow the developper to send to the GCM server a push notification.
But how, into Xamarin, register/unergister the app to the GCM server, handle the reception of the notification, etc.... ?

I see that PushSharp allow us to manage that also (https://github.com/Redth/PushSharp/tree/master/Client.Samples) but does Xamarin provide a way to do that without using PushSharp lib (if for example we use Parse.com to send msg, and don't want to add another lib as PushSharp to handle the reception of the notification) ?

Thanks

• FZelleFZelle DEMember ✭✭✭

No, there is no integrated way to do that in Mono for Android ( Xamarin is a company, not a produkt ).
    And why don't you want to use a tested library?

• arigatoarigato USMember

Thanks for your answer FZelle. I know that Xamarin is a company, but the real name of mono for android and mono touch is now Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android so Xamarin is a great shortcut for their products :-)

Is not why I don't want to use a tested lib, I just asked if Xamarin's product have an "official" way to do that, in order to reduce the dependency of my project.

• TomOpgenorthTomOpgenorth CAXamarin Team Xamurai

@arigato : Your best bet is to use PushSharp.