Guide for app owner which is build using Xamarin platform

cheriecherie USMember

Hi Fellas,

I am not a developer but a business analyst for my employer. I have s far worked on plenty of web based applications, and this is my first project on Mobile App. We are trying to release an App on iOs, Android and Windows. I did a little a bit research and thought this would be a best fit than native code for each platform. However have some questions, it might be silly. It would be helpful.

1. We would be outsourcing the development of this project. Do we have to buy a license to setup the development environment?
  2. Post development, how do we run, test and review the app before submitting to AppStore
  3. What are the deliverable that are expected from the developer
  4. As far as hosting is concerned the DB would be on our server, and app on respective stores Do we have to worry about anything more?

Can someone point me to the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

• MommMomm ✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015

iOS: Use EventKit.EKEventStore
    Android: Use ContentResolver.Insert(CalendarContract)

• JasonAwbreyJasonAwbrey mod USInsider, University, Developer Group Leader mod
    1. you only need a license if you are going to build from source

2. the developer should be able to deliver a test build to you using TestFlight, HockeyApp, or some similar service that you can run on your device. Or if you have a license you should be able to build from source and deploy directly to a device

3. That's up to you. Typically all the source code and assets required to build the app, as well as test builds

4. that's a pretty broad question that's difficult to answer with limited information about your scenario