Forum Xamarin.Android

iv'e updated the sdk manager and now I cannot connect to the xamarin android player

zzinzzin CAMember ✭✭

since iv'e updated the sdk manager I cannot connect to the xamarin android player. please help asap.

Best Answer

Answers

• zzinzzin CAMember ✭✭

Thanks a lot! :smile: :

• TimothyFagergrenTimothyFagergren USMember ✭✭

? I'm experiencing the same issue still. Did you find a resolution?

• zzinzzin CAMember ✭✭

yes, in the list select of emulators select 10.71.34.101 rather than the ones with the names such as 'Nexus 4 (Kit Kat)'

• zzinzzin CAMember ✭✭

@TimothyFagergren select the player's ip address as the device you wish to connect to in xamarin studio.

• JakubHolovskyJakubHolovsky CZMember

Since the very last upgrade, whenever I run Xamarin Android Player alongside with Xamarin Studio it freezes my Xamarin Studio :/

• TimothyFagergrenTimothyFagergren USMember ✭✭

I found a solution. Uninstalling and re-installing alone did not work. I had to un-install, then delete all the folders under %APPDATA%, Program Data and Program Files manually. THEN reinstall.

Once I did this the error stopped.

• JakubHolovskyJakubHolovsky CZMember
    edited August 2015

Can't confirm this actually, deleting app data, program data and program files did not solve anything for me.

• zzinzzin CAMember ✭✭

downgrade to xamarin 5.94 studio

• zzinzzin CAMember ✭✭
  • @KirkHowlett nah, not a good idea. I found a solution for this. It's because my device in XAP is named with brackets. Just rename your device from for example "Nexus 5 (Lollipop API 22)" to "N5API22" and everything works fine :)

• zzinzzin CAMember ✭✭

oh okay :smile:

• Thanks @JakubHolovsky that worked for me.