WinRT popping modal with Editor results in crash

I have a simple xaml page with an Editor which is displayed as modal.

If I call Navigation.PopModalAsync the app crashes (happens on WinpPhone and Win8.1)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an o
bject.\r\n   at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WinRT.EditorRenderer.OnLostFocus(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

Any ideas on this?

Answers

• AleStrAleStr ITMember

I'm having the same problem!
    But no idea at the moment.
    Do you have received any feedback in the meantime?

• AleStrAleStr ITMember

I have investigated a little bit more and I found that don't depends on modal or not.
    I have a xaml page “Details_View” showed with ContentPage.Navigation.PushAsync(Details_View) with an Editor inside.
    If I call Navigation.PopModalAsync() the app crashes on WinPhone and Win8.1 with the same exception.
    If I remove the Editor the app don’t crash any more.

I'm trying to override the Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WinRT.EditorRenderer.OnLostFocus() to investigate more deeper.

• AleStrAleStr ITMember

I'm trying to override the Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WinRT.EditorRenderer.OnLostFocus() to investigate more deeper.

Mhhh, Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WinRT.EditorRenderer don't have the OnLostFocus() method...

• FredyWengerFredyWenger CHInsider ✭✭✭✭✭

@BastiBrauning: I don't know, which XF-Version you use, but I also have the crash with PopModalAsync() (also by press of the HW-back-button) only in WP. I'm waiting over a month now for a fix.
    See also here:
    http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/46862/xamarin-forms-1-4-4-released#latest