Windows 10 Help

I need some help fixing the following error: "Unable to load mfplat.dll" I googled this and it is releated to DirectX, but DirectX miscosoft say come witn Win10 automatically, so not sure why it can not find the COM object it is looking for.

Does Cocossharp require that the old XNA install be on computer? Any help greatly appreciated.

• kjpou1kjpou1 LUMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hey John

We have created an issue for this here.

Is this an upgraded to windows 10 system from an earlier version?

• mickeeyjmickeeyj AUMember ✭✭

My issue which is exactly the same was a clean install of Win 10 not upgrade

Weird. Over the last couple of weeks I have installed windows 10 multiple times and still have not run into this.

I installed from this link. I installed the Pro version.

I also installed VS 2015 community edition.

The only other software I have installed other than those two mentioned above is Git. Not even Nant to build CS yet so just plain. Using VS2015 to run all of the platforms has been working.

• JohnGatesJohnGates AUMember

My Win 10 install was from MSDN, and so was the VS2015 Professional.
    Did you do a format + install Win 10?

The link I gave asked me which version I wanted to install Pro or Home. Installed Pro, hit enter and that was it. Is there any way you could maybe try the link I gave to see if there is a difference? Also, I installed via Parallels 11 as well as VMWare Fusion 7. Never got Hyper-V working with my machine using VMWare nor with Parallels 10. The only one that has worked to get the Windows Phone emulators AND the Android Emulator working is Parallels 11 Pro.

Oh, and not sure if this makes a difference but also only grabbed the English edition for this install.

Is there any way you can try running from the git sources just to give that a shot.

• mickeeyjmickeeyj AUMember ✭✭

Install : Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48231

This fixes it!

This is the reason why this extra download and install is needed.

More information for Windows 10 N and Windows 10 KN : http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/what-are-windows-10-n-and-kn-editions