Has anybody managed to deploy an app from Visual Studio to a Huawei phone?

JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

As I plan to publish my app in a number of languages, including Chinese, I thought I should test on a range of devices that might be encountered. To that end, I just bought a Huawei Ascend Y330 phone, running Android 4.2.2 . When I hook it up to my 64 bit Windows 8.1 development PC using USB, put it into developer mode, set up USB debugging, and install the HiSuite app on the PC (as Windows cannot find a suitable USB driver for the phone), HiSuite fails to connect to the phone, and Visual Studio identifies it but says it is an unsupported device (never seen that before).

Has anybody managed to successfully deploy/debug over USB to a Huawei phone? If so, what did you have to do to get it to work?

If this won't work, the phone is going back to Amazon...

Thanks,

John H.

Best Answer

Answers

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@JohnHair - Many thanks. Got it working as a result of following that, although I'm not sure quite which bit made it happen ;-)

• mridonimridoni ITMember ✭✭

I have the same phone, and also had to wrestle with it (Hi-Suite solved it for me too, apparently). Still I think it's a very slow phone, suitable for testing in a "real life" environment but not really suitable for development (as a phone for a non developer it's actually a steal at that price).

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@mridoni - I agree. I'm using it as one of the phones I run automated tests on. It will get used for some manual testing too, but not a lot.