Field Service App Setup and Testing

zackgrubazackgruba USMember

Hi am new to development and I am trying to locate some detailed documentation to use the field service app like in the demo video. Can anyone give me any links or a walkthrough so I can understand how to get the application to work? Does the database already have data in it? Like I said newb. Thanks

• zackgrubazackgruba USMember

I know this might be self explanatory to everyone else, but i am new to c# and xamarin, so if anyone can give me some assitance that would be great. I already read through the documentation, the thing that gets me is this app, once built, is built with 17 errors. Downloaded version from gethub, 2 errors, once resolved the errors, got this
    Error 5 The "GenerateJavaStubs" task failed unexpectedly. System.InvalidOperationException: Application cannot have both a type with an [Application] attribute and an [assembly:Application] attribute. at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ManifestDocument.CreateApplicationElement(XElement manifest, List1 subclasses, List1 selectedWhitelistAssemblies) at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ManifestDocument.Merge(List1 subclasses, List1 selectedWhitelistAssemblies, Boolean embed, Boolean replaceSplashScreen, IDictionary2 splashScreenClasses)
    at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.GenerateJavaStubs.Run()
    at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.GenerateJavaStubs.Execute()
    at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
    at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.d__20.MoveNext() FieldService.Android

`

help me please, really need this to work, thank you!

• ClaudioSanchezClaudioSanchez USUniversity, Developer Group Leader ✭✭

Did you ever find the answer to your question?