How to scroll an Action Sheet?

JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

I'm sure lots of people must have used DIsplayActionSheet in their apps. Has anybody then gone on to automate the testing of it using Xamarin.UITest? If so, could you share how you automated the scrolling of the action sheets please? (I'm looking at iOS at the moment). I can get the action sheet to scroll, but cannot see how to specify what it should scroll to (there doesn't appear to be an option to specify "within" other than using Marked, but Xamarin.Forms doesn't appear to provide a mechanism to specify the values on an action sheet that Marked would look at).

Thanks,

John H.

Answers

• TorbenKruseTorbenKruse DEMember ✭✭✭

I don't think you should use an ActionSheet like this. In Android, afaik, an ActionSheet is never scrollable.

The right way is to use a modal page here.

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@TorbenKruse - Given the lack of support for automated testing in the XF action sheet implementation, I am very tempted to rewrite anywhere that they have been used. However, if the automated tests can be gotten to work somehow (I have a non-generic solution at the moment, which works on the test devices that we have, but probably won't work on every device), then there are higher priorities.

Regarding scrolling, the XF action sheet scrolls on both iOS and Android. There are issues on WinPhone though, which I have already reported bugs for.