Namspace errors after upgrading to Xamarin Studio 5.9

SreeniSreeni INMember

Hi,

After upgrading to Xamarin Studio 5.9 , I am getting compilation errors when i run my project.
Below are the errors:

Error 14 The type or namespace name 'Support' does not exist in the namespace 'Android' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Error 15 The type or namespace name 'Fragment' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Error 16 The type or namespace name 'Support' does not exist in the namespace 'Android' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Error 17 The type or namespace name 'FragmentActivity' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Error 22 Unsupported or invalid $(TargetFrameworkVersion) value of 'v4.0'. Please update your Project Options.
Error 35 Unsupported or invalid $(TargetFrameworkVersion) value of 'v4.0'. Please update your Project Options.
Error 52 Unsupported or invalid $(TargetFrameworkVersion) value of 'v4.0'. Please update your Project Options.
Error 60 Unsupported or invalid $(TargetFrameworkVersion) value of 'v4.0'. Please update your Project Options.

However Errors 22 , 35, 52 & 60 got fixed after changing the "TargetFrameWorkVersion" to " Xamari.Android v4.3 Support" in Project properties.

But 14,15,16 & 17 issue related to namespace not fixed , there is no "Android.Support.V4.App" name space available when i tried to add references.

Help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Sreeni

Answers

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

he type or namespace name '...' could not be found errors looks like you have lost some assembly references.

The Android.Support.V4.App namespace will be in the Xamarin.Android.Support.v4 NuGet package. I believe all the types that are mentioned in the error messages are from that NuGet package.