Forum Xamarin.Forms

CrossConnectivity on Android

I'm having the strangest problem. I use James Montemagno's Cross Connectivity plugin. I use it to check connectivity to the web like so:
if (!CrossConnectivity.Current.IsConnected)
return null;

On iOS it simply works. On Android, when I debug actively either to emulator or device, it works. But when I stop debugging and just run the app, it stops seeing the my wifi and returns false. What could possible cause that?
Thanks in advance!! I am almost there.

• GaryBeasleyGaryBeasley USMember ✭✭

I commented out all the Cross Connectivity code and it was able to hit my web service no problem. Definitely something in the plugin. Strange.

• LoriLalondeLoriLalonde CAInsider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭

Have you added the necessary permissions to the AndroidManifest.xml file as James' mentioned on the project page:

"Android: You must request ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE permission to get the network state You must request ACCESS_WIFI_STATE to get speeds"

• GaryBeasleyGaryBeasley USMember ✭✭

Thanks! Yes I did.
    I just found the culprit. The CrossConnectivity.Current.IsConnected functionality works whether debugging or just running and on iOS and Android. The problem was with IsReachable(). I took out the "https://" and just used the www.ccserver??.com instead and that solved it. Strange, only on Android did that matter, and not while debugging but when just running.