No Mac installer signing keys found

tlmiitlmii USMember
edited August 2015 in Xamarin.Mac

When I build my installer package (for distribution outside of the app store) and run it on a computer other than the development machine, it gets blocked by the OS because it is from an unknown developer.

Since my application bundle is signed ("Sign the application bundle" under Options/Build/Mac Signing), I assume this is because the installer package is not signed.

So first, is that a correct assumption?

Then, how do I go about getting a "mac installer signing key" ?

I've used XCode to request everything I have permissions to get. When I request a "Mac App Distribution" or "Mac Installer Distribution" Signing Identity, I'm told

Your account already has a valid Mac Installer Distribution certificate. You have a valid Mac Installer Distribution certificate in the Member Center, but it is not installed locally. If your signing identity is installed on another Mac, you can export a developer profile on that Mac and import it on this Mac. You can also revoke your current certificate and request a new one."

Except I've never done any of this on any other Mac, so there's nothing to export.

I've gone into the member center and downloaded the Mac App Distribution and Mac Installer Distribution certificates. They show up in the Certificates section of my keychain, but that doesn't change anything in XCode or Xamarin Studio.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Answers

• DanSmith.1531DanSmith.1531 USMember ✭✭

A few things to check:

1) Is your Installer certificate in your keychain? It should be named "Developer ID Installer: (XXXXXX)"
    2) In the "Project Options" (right click project, select "Options", then select "Mac Signing"), is the "Sign the installer package" checked?
    3) If it is checked, and the identity is "Mac Developer Installer (Automatic)", try to select a specific certificate.

• tlmiitlmii USMember

To answer your questions:

1) It is not in my keychain. See below for some of my efforts on trying to get it there
    2) Can't check that - it is grayed out because there are no mac installer signing keys found
    3) N/A

Now, more generally, I went back and read through this: http://developer.xamarin.com/guides/mac/deployment,_testing,_and_metrics/publishing_to_the_app_store/#Developer_ID_Certificates

Seems I need a Developer ID Installer certificate. Except... I can't get one. Only the Team Agent can create one (per: https://developer.apple.com/support/roles/). And the one that is there in our Member Center, I can't download it. That seems absurdly restrictive, and makes me wonder if I am missing something.

• TimothyRisiXMTimothyRisiXM USXamarin Team Xamurai

Seems I need a Developer ID Installer certificate. Except... I can't get one. Only the Team Agent can create one (per: https://developer.apple.com/support/roles/). And the one that is there in our Member Center, I can't download it. That seems absurdly restrictive, and makes me wonder if I am missing something

As far as I can tell this is correct. According to apple's docs:

Note: Only a team agent can request Developer ID certificates. If you’re an individual developer, you’re the team agent and can request these certificates. Contact [email protected] if you want to revoke Developer ID certificates.

So it looks like you'll have to work with the Team Agent to get a certificate to be able to sign with the installer certificate. Unfortunately everything at that end is through apple so there's nothing we can do to help.