Android Support Components

Silvia15Silvia15 AUMember

Hi,
I cant get the Xamarin Android Support Libraries to work at all.
Latest version of Xamarin Installed. VS 2013.

Create New Visual Studio Android Blank Project
Manage NuGet Packages
Try to add Xamarin Support Library Design
Says cannot add to this version of Mono, set my target framework down to 19
Manage NuGet Packages
Install the Xamarin Support Library Design - Works
Try to build and 77 errors (I have tried setting to version Version 21 API, same result)

Error 77 error: package android.support.v7.widget.Toolbar does not exist
android.support.v7.widget.Toolbar.OnMenuItemClickListener
c:\Projects\AndroidTest\AndroidTest\obj\Debug\android\src\mono\android\support\v7\widget\Toolbar_OnMenuItemClickListenerImplementor.java 8 36 AndroidTest
Error 74 error: package android.support.v7.widget.ShareActionProvider does not exist
android.support.v7.widget.ShareActionProvider.OnShareTargetSelectedListener
c:\Projects\AndroidTest\AndroidTest\obj\Debug\android\src\mono\android\support\v7\widget\ShareActionProvider_OnShareTargetSelectedListenerImplementor.java 8 48 AndroidTest
Error 73 error: package android.support.v7.widget.SearchView does not exist
android.support.v7.widget.SearchView.OnSuggestionListener
c:\Projects\AndroidTest\AndroidTest\obj\Debug\android\src\mono\android\support\v7\widget\SearchView_OnSuggestionListenerImplementor.java 8 39 AndroidTest
Error 72 error: package android.support.v7.widget.SearchView does not exist
android.support.v7.widget.SearchView.OnQueryTextListener
c:\Projects\AndroidTest\AndroidTest\obj\Debug\android\src\mono\android\support\v7\widget\SearchView_OnQueryTextListenerImplementor.java 8 39 AndroidTest
Error 71 error: package android.support.v7.widget.SearchView does not exist
android.support.v7.widget.SearchView.OnCloseListener
c:\Projects\AndroidTest\AndroidTest\obj\Debug\android\src\mono\android\support\v7\widget\SearchView_OnCloseListenerImplementor.java 8 39 AndroidTest

Plus MORE errors... (says to long to post)

Anyone have any idea what is going on???

Thanks in advance

Answers

• populvuhpopulvuh AUUniversity ✭✭

I was having a similar problem, and solved it by rerunning the Android SDK manager as Administrator (right click on it), and installing the outstanding packages. It turns out that several of the SDK downloads were failing (silently) due to access privileges as my android sdk was in "C:\Program Files (x86)" which apparently causes problems. This meant several of the background files didn't exist which was what caused the compile to fail. There is more discussion of the problem here -
    http://www.coderanch.com/t/526550/Android/Mobile/Install-Android-platforms-Android-SDK.