Help on CCScrollView - horizontal scrolling and masking of "invisible" nodes

Hello,
I am trying to implement a horizontal scroll view.
The scroll view should start at "its top", so I only want to scroll down and then later up.

Can anybody explain me how I can achieve this with the CCScrollView ?

I tried SetContentOffset (new CCPoint (0, ViewSize.Height - ContentSize.Height), false); so the ScrollView starts at the top,
but as soon as I check the Bouncable=true, it always snaps back to the bottom.
In addition, I am not sure what positions the CCScrollView uses. I think the CCScrollView itself works with the bottom-left position, but the Container inside it does not stick to the center of the scroll view. It seems that the children added to the scroll view are not aligned as the Container and therefore scrolling on the children when they are not inside the frame of the container does not trigger any event.

In addition I wanted to ask if there is a possibility to cut out the "invisible" part of the scrollview or to mask it with a fading effect?

I would be very happy for an example/tutorial how to use the CCScrollView and how I could achieve what I need.

• HeikofantHeikofant USUniversity ✭✭

I unfortunately mistyped the scrolling direction. I need a vertical scroll view.

• kjpou1kjpou1 LUMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hey Heikofant

I am going to post the same as I did for the other thread.

All the code in the Extensions are really just that, Extensions, and are not a priority to keep up to date with the core. They may work or not. We did not want to loose the code as they are really great examples of code and how things can be done. Only recently have I been working on making them work but again not a priority.

There are examples for a TableView here which uses a ScrollView.

Actually, we thought the community would take these and hopefully keep them up to date or maybe make them better for others to use. Any modifications would be greatly appreciated by others as well.

• HeikofantHeikofant USUniversity ✭✭

Thank you @kjpou1 , the CCTableView does exactly what I need.