How to implement Google DFP in Xamarin Forms app?

LesleyDeclercqLesleyDeclercq USMember ✭✭
edited April 2015 in Xamarin.Forms

Hi there,

We want to implement Google DFP in our Xamarin Forms app. Anybody having experience on how to achieve this?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• RafaelMouraRafaelMoura BRInsider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭

@LesleyDeclercq probabily u need create a Plugin :)

• LesleyDeclercqLesleyDeclercq USMember ✭✭

@RafaelMoura - okay, sounds challenging. Anyone who's done this before?

• TommyElliott.4569TommyElliott.4569 USMember ✭✭

I'm also looking for a way to implement use of Google DFP ads in a Xamarin.Forms Android and iOS mobile app.

• RomanKaganRomanKagan USMember ✭✭

We've done it using simple custom renderer, which sets DfpBanner as NativeControl

• BenCBenC USMember ✭✭

@RomanKagan Are you able to post an example of your implementation?

• BenCBenC USMember ✭✭

@LesleyDeclercq @TommyElliott.4569 Were either of you able to do this?

• TommyElliottTommyElliott USMember

@BenC No, I have been working on other aspects of the app I'm working on, and haven't gotten to much beyond research on the mobile ads topic. My preliminary plan is as follows:

Mobile ads will be created with, managed with, and obtained from DoubleClick For Publishers (DFP) for use in the App. The Xamarin Google AdMob component will be used to integrate with iOS, and the Xamarin Google Play Services component will be used to integrate with Android. When tapped, the ads will open in another application on the device, typically either an app store application or a web browser application, depending on the ad content. Taps on ads will be recorded through DFP with web requests.

• BenCBenC USMember ✭✭

@TommyElliott Thanks! I found this post: http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/23920/ads-for-xamarin-forms-with-customrenderer I've been able to get dfp ads on everything, but iPads. Also, having an issue with iOS my custom adrenderer and master detail page (only the first loading detail page works). Still a work in progress, but hope the link helps you out too.

• TommyElliottTommyElliott USMember

@BenC Thank you - that looks promising.