help about xamarin

JhonFabioGomezJhonFabioGomez COMember

Good day friends, i have a question.

I'm going to development an app in xamarin using Visual Studio. I have indie plan only i bought the android plan. but then i need development the same application in IOS. My question is: Can i development the app in android and then can i start the ios development in the same project?

Thanks for you help

Answers

• KMullinsKMullins USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hi @JhonFabioGomez,

You can definitely start out with an Android app and then create the iOS version later. I would suggest that you take a look at our Building Cross Platform Applications documentation first.

In that way, you can build your Android app from the start with an eye towards later adding iOS support (and hopefully, limit the amount of rewriting/reorganization that would be required later).

One other thing to note, to develop iOS applications from Windows and Visual Studio, you must have a network attached Mac with Xcode, Xamarin and the iOS SDKs/APIs loaded, as this is a requirement to build iOS apps.

Good Luck!

Kevin

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015

Also, you currently need to have a Business license or higher to use Visual Studio to develop iOS and Android apps.