Forum Visual Studio

Xamarin Studio 4.05 (build 4)

alberto.palberto.p ITMember ✭✭

Hi,
I install Xamarin Studio 4.05 (build 4) update with Mono for Android.
In designer from inspector, I can't see layout->width "fill_parent" properties

• MarkOMarkO USMember

I just installed this same update and "nothing" will open. Can't edit any .cs files. Is anyone else having this issue?

• BrianBirdBrianBird USUniversity ✭✭

I have installed this update on both Win 7 and Win 8. The problem I am experiencing on both platforms is that if I right-click on a Class name or variable name to bring up the context menu, Xamarin Studio freezes. I can't do anything with it except use the Task Manager to kill it.

Update on the context menu bug- it mainly seems to happen with a newly created project. After I kill Xamarin Studio and restart it, right-clicking on class and variable names seems to work most of the time.

Another update- This version froze (had to be killed with task manager) when I tried to open the resource editor in an existing project that I had already been working in without problems.

• mhutchmhutch USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hi, it's difficult to reply clearly to all these issues in one thread. It would be great if you could file them so we can track them and request more information as needed to resolve them.

@alberto.p: What API level are you targeting? file_parent was renamed to match_parent in Android 2.2 (API level 8).

@MarkO: What do you mean, nothing will open? Does anything happen at all? What OS are you using, etc?

@BrianBird, we're tracking the hang-on-right-click as bug 12153. Not sure what you mean by the resource editor, do you mean the Android UI designer?

Oops. I meant Reference, not Resource.
    I've entered this in Bugzilla. Thanks for directing me to the bug tracking system.