Attribute name and qualified name must be identical.

Getting an error with developer examples when building project for iOS or Crossplatform. Following is error from Crossplatfrom, error references the iOS component of the build in the same way as the Phoneword app does on iOS developer examples for iOS.

I have not been able to locate a project file that has 244 lines in it. XFApp.iOS.csproj has 120 lines of xml.

Not sure where to look further, any help much appreciated as I evaluate the Xamarin Development platform.

Error: /Users/michaelblower/Projects/XFApp/iOS/XFApp.iOS.csproj:
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/iOS/Xamarin.iOS.CSharp.targets:
Project file could not be imported, it was being imported by
/Users/michaelblower/Projects/XFApp/iOS/XFApp.iOS.csproj:
Xamarin.iOS.Common.targets: Project file could not be imported, it was being imported by
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/iOS/Xamarin.iOS.CSharp.targets:
Attribute name and qualified name must be identical. Line 244, position 86. (XFApp.iOS)

Tagged:

• MichaelBlowerMichaelBlower USMember

How do I find this error ?

It appears that the error is occurring in the MSBUILD process.

XFApp.iOS.csproj imports Xamarin.iOS.CSharp.targets and Xamarin.iOS.CSharp.targets then imports Microsoft.CSharp.targets & Xamarin.iOS.Common.targets. Xamarin.iOS.Common.targets is where the error is occurring at line 244 position 86 ?

'$(_AppBundlePath)%(LogicalName)')" >_**
    '$(_AppBundlePath)%(LogicalName)')" />

<!-- TODO: check for duplicate items --> <Target Name="_CopyContentToBundle" DependsOnTargets="_CollectBundleResources;_GenerateBundleName" DependsOnTargets="_CollectBundleResources" Inputs = "@(_BundleResourceWithLogicalName)" **_Outputs = "@(_BundleResourceWithLogicalName -> '$(_AppBundlePath)%(LogicalName)')" _**> <SmartCopy SessionId="$(BuildSessionId)" Condition="'$(MtouchTargetsEnabled)'" SourceFiles = "@(_BundleResourceWithLogicalName)" DestinationFiles = "@(_BundleResourceWithLogicalName -> '$(_AppBundlePath)%(LogicalName)')" /> </Target>

the Outputs = line is line 244 positions 86 is part way through (LogicalName)