Deployment Error

-Working on Mac OSx 10.7
-Using Mono for Android

Whenever I attempt to deploy my project to an attached device HTC Evo running Android 2.3.5 I get an error stating that Deployment failed. The assembly directory could not be created. I've attempted to look at the device deployment logs but they simply are not in the location specified by http://docs.xamarin.com/index.php?title=Android/Guides/Deployment,_Testing,_and_Metrics/Diagnostics#Device_Deployment_Logs this article. There also seems to be a problem with the adb on my machine as everytime I run adb devices it says that the adb server is out of date it then kills ans restarts. Anyone have any ideas as to the problem or where I should be looking to get more information regarding this error.

• TomOpgenorthTomOpgenorth Xamurai CAXamarin Team Xamurai

Sounds like you have two versions of the Android SDK installed on your Mac. What is happening is that OS X is using ADB from your older version. When M4A goes to install your app, it runs the newer ADB, which complains.

You probably downloaded and installed your own version somewhere (say it's at ~/android-sdk) and then when you installed Mono for Android, it downloaded and installed its own copy of the Android SDK. This second copy (i.e. the one being used by M4A) is probably more recent.

You can either update your older version (~/android-sdk/tools/android update sdk --no-ui) or change your M4A settings so that Mono for Android uses the Android SDK at ~/android-sdk.