ListView group header position problem on iOS

SubhaMuralidharanSubhaMuralidharan USMember ✭✭
edited November 2014 in Xamarin.Forms

Hi,
I am using Listview with IsGroupingEnabled as true. My group headers are shifted right side of the menu on iOS, In Android its working fine. Added screenshot below, which would depict it clearly.

iOS:

Android:

Answers

• Hi,

What's wrong with above question, why no one is responding? Still we haven't fixed this layout issue and we are totally dependent on this forum for solution.

It would be very nice if I receive some answer for this or if something is not clear please post it...

• I have the same problem, did you end up working out what the problem was?

• SubhaMuralidharanSubhaMuralidharan USMember ✭✭
    edited January 2015

@Jeremy.6839,

Not sure about the problem, still I haven't found the solution. If you came to know any workaround for this, please post it here.

• SeanMattoxSeanMattox USMember ✭✭
    edited June 2015

I would like to add that I'm encountering a related issue.

I suspect that the headers that are "slid to the right" are actually the jump list. Are you setting the list's GroupShortNameBinding property? That could be what's happening.

I don't know how to explain the absent headers on the list itself, though. I'm currently experiencing this; works fine on Android, but no headers to be found on iOS. Very frustrating.

EDIT: Also not sure why this thread is flagged as Answered...

• SeanMattoxSeanMattox USMember ✭✭

Okay, I have an answer to my own question. Found here: http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/32654/grouped-listview-is-groupheadertemplate-ignored-on-ios

TL;DR: If you're using a GroupHeaderTemplate, on iOS you need to both explicitly set the height of header cell, AND set the list's HasUnevenRows property to true. Without this, on iOS 7, headers will not render at all; on iOS 7 it will still work fine.