Implementing the Flyout Navigation component with a storyboard

Hi guys,

I'm after a little help trying to implement the Flyout Navigation component with a storyboarded app.

To start with I have a few view controllers which don't require the flyout menu (welcome screen, login, register, forgot credentials etc). Once the user is logged in I then need to use the flyout menu on all subsequent view controllers.

I am confused because the flyout nav sample sets up the menu in AppDelegate, which surely means the menu is visible on all pages?

Also, I am using a storyboard for layouts, so how can I specify the RootViewController for the flyout component to be the first view of the storyboard?

Thanks in advance.

• up

• drandxdrandx USMember

what do you mean with "up" ?

• DaveYDaveY USUniversity ✭✭

Was there any resolution to this issue?

• Omer_TamirOmer_Tamir AUMember, Beta ✭✭
    edited May 2015

Clancey made a sample application here is his link
    https://github.com/Clancey/FlyoutNavigation/tree/master/FlyoutNavigationSample

I changed MyStoryboardViewController to add the toggleMenu button and set Navigation from MainController.

public  FlyoutNavigationController Navigation { get; set; }     
    public MyStoryboardViewController (IntPtr handle) : base (handle)
        {
        }

public override void ViewWillAppear(bool animated)
        {
            base.ViewWillAppear(animated);
            NavigationItem.LeftBarButtonItem = new UIBarButtonItem(UIBarButtonSystemItem.Action, delegate
            {
                navigation.ToggleMenu();
            });
        }

• AshAshAshAsh USMember
    edited May 2015

@Omer_Tamir

I Tried the Way you done it but when i Click the ToggleMenu is Says "Object Reference not set to an instance of a object" and crashes? what else did you to get it working

Thanks

• Omer_TamirOmer_Tamir AUMember, Beta ✭✭

here is the full working version let me know how did it go