Forum Visual Studio

aspx Debug Bug

chezluichezlui USMember

Hi.

I use windows 7 64 bits
I just create a solution typed 'Application Web'. When i run in Release mode, no problem. If i run in debug mode, i get a dialog box

thanks for the help.

Exception de HRESULT : 0x80070032)

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070032): Cette demande n’est pas prise en charge. (Exception de HRESULT : 0x80070032)
à Microsoft.Samples.Debugging.CorDebug.NativeApi.ICorDebug.CreateProcess(String lpApplicationName, String lpCommandLine, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES lpProcessAttributes, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES lpThreadAttributes, Int32 bInheritHandles, UInt32 dwCreationFlags, IntPtr lpEnvironment, String lpCurrentDirectory, STARTUPINFO lpStartupInfo, PROCESS_INFORMATION lpProcessInformation, CorDebugCreateProcessFlags debuggingFlags, ICorDebugProcess& ppProcess)
à Microsoft.Samples.Debugging.CorDebug.CorDebugger.CreateProcess(String applicationName, String commandLine, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES processAttributes, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES threadAttributes, Boolean inheritHandles, Int32 creationFlags, IntPtr environment, String currentDirectory, STARTUPINFO startupInfo, PROCESS_INFORMATION& processInformation, CorDebugCreateProcessFlags debuggingFlags)
à Microsoft.Samples.Debugging.CorDebug.CorDebugger.CreateProcess(String applicationName, String commandLine, String currentDirectory, IDictionary`2 environment, Int32 flags)
à MonoDevelop.Debugger.Win32.CorDebuggerSession.OnRun(DebuggerStartInfo startInfo)
à Mono.Debugging.Client.DebuggerSession.<>c__DisplayClassc.b__a()

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

The CorDebugger backend (which is used for Microsoft's .NET runtime, as opposed to the SDB debugger backend which is what is used with the Mono runtime) is known to be broken for 64bit apps.

The workaround is to install the Mono runtime and set it as the target runtime instead of the Microsoft .NET runtime.

• mhutchmhutch USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Another workaround would be for us to ship an /platform:x86 build of xsp with XS on Windows. Not sure how easy it easy to change the bundled xsp exes though.

• theouteredgetheouteredge GBMember, Beta

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with a MVC3 web app in Studio 4.0.3.
    How do I switch over to the SDB debugger?

Thanks.

• chezluichezlui USMember

How do we switch over to the SDB debugger?
    thanks

• chezluichezlui USMember

I gave up to dubug aspx with xamarin on Windows 7 64 bits. Never Succeed.
    I stay on VS 2010. Will be a new customer for Xamarin (that i love) when Debugging aspx works. I have the goal to switch gently to linux (Ubuntu), using Mono everywhere i can.
    Hope one day, we will be able to compile for android and ios on Ubuntu

Thanks.
    Keep up the good work.