problems generaing apk with xamarin studio

FlixGonzelzFlixGonzelz ESMember
edited April 2013 in Xamarin.Android

Hello

Fryday I finished my applcation (using VS 2012) and then generated .apk using mono develop. My application works ok executing it from Vs 2012 but when I installed the apk file, application crash. My application connects to WCF service, reads data and append it to a local database and when are processing data, crash.
Sunday I get the last update of xamarin studion (4.0.3) I generated apk again, installed it on the same devices and all works fine. But when my customer install it, gets the same error that I get on Friday.

I´m user a sony xperia phone and acer tablet. My customer uses a Samsung galaxy note

could be a problem with xamarin studio?

Thanks

• LluisSanchezLluisSanchez ESXamarin Team Xamurai

Moved to Android forum.

• CheesebaronCheesebaron DKInsider, University mod

What you should do is to somehow get a log of what the application spits out, which will give you a better idea of what is wrong. Also test that apk on your own devices. Remember when putting your application into Release mode, the two permissions defined in the AssemblyInfo.cs files don't work anymore and they should be added to the AndroidManifest.xml instead.

As long as you don't have a log of what is going on it will be very hard for you to debug what your problem is.

• FlixGonzelzFlixGonzelz ESMember

thanks

I´ve tryed to make the apk from VS 2002 and this .apk has 1.2 Mb but if I make the apk from xamarin studio has 7Mb. why this diference?

application install ok on acer tablet, xperia phone, Samsung galaxy tab. but on Samsung galaxy tab application does not start. I think that could be a problema with the apk. any idea?

Thanks

• JonathanPryorJonathanPryor USXamarin Team Xamurai

when I installed the apk file, application crash

Which Configuration are you installing, and how are you installing it?

Debug builds are "special": to reduce their size, they don't contain the JIT/runtime and they don't contain assemblies required to execute. The only way to run a Debug build is by installing the build from the IDE or with MSBuild /t:Install, both of which will ensure that all dependencies are installed.

If you want to manually install a .apk, you should build a Release package, which will be self-contained with no external dependencies.

I´ve tryed to make the apk from VS 2002 and this .apk has 1.2 Mb but if I make the apk from xamarin studio has 7Mb. why this diference?

Since Release builds contain all dependencies, they are also larger, which would explain this difference.

• FlixGonzelzFlixGonzelz ESMember

Thanks

the problema was that I don´t rebuild package