Nuget and References Errors

AlonAvivAlonAviv USMember ✭✭

Hi there,
I'm having problems adding new references weather it's via "edit references" or via Nuget.

When I'm trying to install via Nuget it always fails and says:

..."you are trying to install this package into a project that targets 'MonoAndroid,Version=v5.0', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework"...

when I'm adding references from dll files I get this error message:

"Error: Exception while loading assemblies"

I tried to add a reference for several things (it's suits, according to their web pages, to android): 32feet, eneter messaging framework and also other things just to try it out - it does not work.

Thanks a lot!

Answers

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

The NuGet error looks like you are installing a NuGet package that does not support Android into an Android project. I guess this is the 32feet.NET NuGet package you have mentioned in another post.

When the adding a reference to a dll fails with the error message Exception while loading assemblies can you post the error from the IDE log (Help - Open Log Directory)?

• AlonAvivAlonAviv USMember ✭✭

I think that that specific package made that whole mess. Because even though I removed the reference I didn't clean up as I should have done in the assemblies and references file. Thanks for your help. You were right about the package I didn't see that the android support was only from 2013 edition! Appreciate all of your help :)