Xamarin Android Player doesn't load

Hi Guys,
I downloaded the Xamarin Android Player for Mac OS (which worked just fine), afterwords I downloaded several devices which were available on the player, and that's when nothing worked..
I tried to removed it to trash (also empty the trash) and reInstalled a few times.
I cannot open the Player, not by clicking the icon and not with Xamarin Studio by clicking "Manage Android devices..."
The icon shows on the dock, when I press it the line on the top of the screen (file, edit,...) changes appropriately, but nothing else happens.

I looked at Applications ->right click on "Show Package contents" ->MacOS -> Xamarin Android Player file and got on terminal:

Last login: Fri Jan 16 18:51:33 on ttys000
Kobis-Mac-mini:~ kobishasha$ /Applications/Xamarin\ Android\ Player.app/Contents/MacOS/Xamarin\ Android\ Player ; exit;
2015-01-16 19:31:50.294 Xamarin Android Player[1773:53020] *** Assertion failure in -[NSTableView _uncachedRectHeightOfRow:], /SourceCache/AppKit/AppKit-1343.16/TableView.subproj/NSTableView.m:1855
2015-01-16 19:31:50.294 Xamarin Android Player[1773:53020] NSTableView variable rowHeight error: The value must be > 0 for row 7, but the delegate gave -64.000.

I worked before with the Player on my previous computer with Xamarin Studio which is associated to my Xamarin Account.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

Best Answer

Answers

• I'm having the same issue on a Windows Box. I load up the Xamarin Android Player and then try to play one of the, in my case Nexus 5 or Nexus 7, or Nexus S.
    I hit play, but all I get is a window with a spinner that sits there for ages... like an hour and does nothing.
    Where should I go to try and figure out whats going on??
    It would be awesome if it was downloading and showed a progress bar or just some user feedback if it's actually doing something.

Some useful log locations on a PC would be awesome too.. thanks

• AlecTucker.2208AlecTucker.2208 AUInsider, University, Developer Group Leader mod
  • JohanMunkestamJohanMunkestam USMember
    edited February 2015

Everything worked fine until 2 days ago when I got hit by domain policies and had to do system upgrade of Win 7 and did upgrade of Java as well.

Now the 'base' of the player starts, but not devices. The result after clicking play is 'nothing happens'.

log:

AndroidPlayer version 0.2.5.0
    Executing command: C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxManage.exe "showvminfo" "Nexus 5 (KitKat)"
    Executing command: C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxManage.exe "showvminfo" "Nexus 7 (KitKat)"
    Executing command: C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\mandroid.exe "--entitlements"
    AndroidPlayer started at 13/02/2015 23:11
    As supplied: name = 'Nexus 5 (KitKat)'
    Extra parameters:
    Executing command: C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxManage.exe "guestproperty" "set" "Nexus 5 (KitKat)" "xap_pid" "2660"
    Using C:\Users\jom\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe for adb commands
    Executing command: C:\Users\jom\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe "shell" "setprop" "xapd.battery.mode" "manual"
    C:\Users\jom\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe result:
    StandardError: error: device not found
    ExitCode: -1
    Executing command: C:\Users\jom\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe "shell" "setprop" "xapd.ac.online" "1"
    C:\Users\jom\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe result:
    StandardError: error: device not found
    ExitCode: -1
    System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Root element is missing. (C:\Users\jom\AppData\Local\Xamarin_Inc.\AndroidPlayer.exe_Url_ll254h42x1foy1rb3dsuj2ugdgjjka52\0.2.5.0\user.config) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
    at System.Configuration.XmlUtil..ctor(Stream stream, String name, Boolean readToFirstElement, ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
    at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
    at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
    at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()
    at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
    at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
    at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(InternalConfigEventArgs e)
    at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(String configPath, BaseConfigurationRecord configRecord)
    at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
    at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)
    at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String sectionName)
    at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
    at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
    at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
    at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
    at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
    at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
    at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
    at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
    at WPFPlayer.Properties.Settings.get_Left()
    at Xamarin.AndroidPlayer.MainWindow..ctor()
    at Xamarin.AndroidPlayer.SingleInstanceApplication.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

This is even after re-installing both Android Player and VirtualBox

• Hi Johan,

The problem may be caused by the user.config file found in %USERPROFILE%\Local\Xamarin_Inc\AndroidPlayer.exe...\0.2.5.0.
    Could you please post the contents of the user.config and see if deleting it fixes your problem?

Thanks,
    Ben

• @AdamSaunders
    This is a known bug, though we do not know yet what causes it and have been unable to reproduce the behaviour. Logs for XAP can be found in %ProgramData%\XamarinAndroidPlayer. If you could post any information you think may be helpful to https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=25042 that would be brilliant!

Thanks,
    Ben

• NathanChannonNathanChannon GBMember ✭✭

@BenBrown.7725

Apologies for hijacking this thread but I couldn't find a more suitable one! Now you've pointed out where the installed VMDivces are located, can you explain if that's linked to the dropdown list within VS2013? I only have Nexus7 and Nexus S installed in XAP and in the folder %ProgramData%\XamarinAndroidPlayer there's only Nexus7 and NexusS however, the dropdown list doesn't reflect this and has devices that don't exist - it doesn't seem to refresh.

Thanks.

• BenBrown.7725BenBrown.7725 USMember

@NathanChannon I'm afraid I don't know too much about how XAP integrates with VS. If you launch XAP does it show the same devices?

• NathanChannonNathanChannon GBMember ✭✭

Hi,

No they don't. In VS there's one that doesn't exist anywhere, i.e. not in Android VD Manager or In XAP or in VirtualBox. I think it's some kind of VS cache/connectivity issue but can't find any documentation anywhere on how to troubleshoot it.

Thanks

• BenBrown.7725BenBrown.7725 USMember

@gmunn may be of more help?

• gmunngmunn USXamarin Team Xamurai

Not 100% sure but there might be an issue with the versions of VS / XAP that you have. The device configuration for XAP moved in one particular version so it's possible that the version of VS (the Xamarin Addin, not VS itself) could be out of date.

• rogiheerogihee NLMember ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015

Having a similar problem the player will start but the emulator window never shows up, this is my user.config:

After deleting this file, the player does show up again. Apparantly, there is no fallback if the state for the WPF player window is invalid in the config, or a false state is not prevented from being written to disk...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <configuration> <configSections> <sectionGroup name="userSettings" type="System.Configuration.UserSettingsGroup, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" > <section name="WPFPlayer.Properties.Settings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" allowExeDefinition="MachineToLocalUser" requirePermission="false" /> </sectionGroup> </configSections> <userSettings> <WPFPlayer.Properties.Settings> <setting name="Top" serializeAs="String"> <value>-32000</value> </setting> <setting name="Left" serializeAs="String"> <value>-32000</value> </setting> <setting name="Height" serializeAs="String"> <value>600</value> </setting> <setting name="WindowState" serializeAs="String"> <value>Minimized</value> </setting> <setting name="Width" serializeAs="String"> <value>340</value> </setting> </WPFPlayer.Properties.Settings> </userSettings> </configuration>

• BrianKaplanBrianKaplan USMember

@BenBrown.7725 I'm having the same problem as @AdamSaunders. Is there a solution?

• Will_SchallerWill_Schaller USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Can you update to the latest version 0.3.7 and let me know if you're still having the issue?

• I_am_a_duckI_am_a_duck GBUniversity ✭✭

I'm running 0.3.7 XAP (fresh install of XAP and Virtual Box), and having the same problem running from VS2013 (Xamarin 3.9.483) on Win8.1.

This screenshot shows the VM is clearly starting and running in Virtual Box but XAP is just not connecting to / showing its display:

Interestingly, every time I start a XAP emulator (either from VS or from XAP app), the emulator prompts with this:

Answers on a postcard, please... :-)

P.S. I also have the problem with the VS emulator list not syncing with actual installed emulators (for both XAP and SDK).

@Will_Schaller Sorry, forgot to mention you in my post above.

@Will_Schaller and others, I have found a solution for my system (for details, see below the screenshot):

Looking at the Oracle Virtual Box Manager's network settings (not under the VM's settings, the VirtualBox Settings, under File->Preferences->Network->Host-only Networks->Adapter #2->Properties), I discovered the IP address and Network Mask were 10.0.0.0 / 255.0.0.0, which struck me as quite smelly.

So, I looked on a different machine on which XAP is working and discovered the IP/Mask settings are 10.71.34.1/255.255.255.0 (as in the above screenshot). On changing my system's settings to match these, XAP now runs for me. Phew!

P.S. Xamarin folks - please change the "Open GL / Remote Desktop" message to a warning rather than an error - it's a pain to have to log in to my laptop, start the emulator, then re-connect via Remote Desktop from my dev machine every time I want to run the emulator. It runs just fine over Remote Desktop, although of course as expected the graphics performance is quite slow. Sometimes, though, you just really need to run the emulator over an RDP session, so please just make it a warning, TIA!

• Same problem. I do run xamarin at home thow, so I do not have any guesses what numbers I should put in the virtual box network settings.

I am quite new to mobile development. Can I somehow build basic mobile application (xamarin is licensed as lesser public GNU) and run it with some other emulator without debugging it in xamarin?

• I've tried to change that numbers and didn't got intended results. Then I deleted virtual machines in virtual box. Also they were deleted virtual box showed warnings that it can not delete some files because some other application uses them. Now when starting xamarin android player I get this errormessage. Uninstulling and installing again xamarin android player didn't help.

• Not that file attached in previous message.

• I am experiencing the same problem

Looking at the Oracle Virtual Box Manager's network settings (not under the VM's settings, the VirtualBox Settings, under File->Preferences->Network->Host-only Networks->Adapter #2->Properties), I discovered the IP address and Network Mask were 10.0.0.0 / 255.0.0.0, which struck me as quite smelly.

So, I looked on a different machine on which XAP is working and discovered the IP/Mask settings are 10.71.34.1/255.255.255.0 (as in the above screenshot). On changing my system's settings to match these, XAP now runs for me. Phew!

P.S. Xamarin folks - please change the "Open GL / Remote Desktop" message to a warning rather than an error - it's a pain to have to log in to my laptop, start the emulator, then re-connect via Remote Desktop from my dev machine every time I want to run the emulator. It runs just fine over Remote Desktop, although of course as expected the graphics performance is quite slow. Sometimes, though, you just really need to run the emulator over an RDP session, so please just make it a warning, TIA!

Did this work? changing the settings?

• MarkSimpsonMarkSimpson USMember ✭✭✭

@Kariem
    There's been a lot of posts in this thread, can you clarify what 'the same problem' is?

• KariemMadaniKariemMadani NLMember
    edited September 2015

@MarkSimpson

I am sorry, I thought we were all experiencing the same problem!

My Xamarin android player is failing to start.

I have no bugs nor warnings in the Xamarin Studio, but whenever I run the emulator selecting kitkat nexus 4/5 from api level 19 to 22 wont run.
    My anfroidmanifest settings are minimum api 16, targeting api level 22 (lollipop)

The only thing that happens is Xamarin Studio saying in the 'message bar' is: starting nexus 4/5 kitkat

My android player will start but will not install the application

What can I do to solve this problem?
    Have I given enough information?

Kariem

• @Kariem I have the exact same issue, emulator starts but app doesn't, Xamarin Studio just says "Starting Nexus 4/5". Tested both kitkat and lollipop.

Xamarin Android Player 0.5.6 (1)
    Xamarin Studio 5.9.5 (build 10)

• I tried updating to the latest Xamarin beta (5.9.6), same problem. When I use Genymotion instead, everything works. The problem is obviously Xamarin Anroid Player.

• LesterMeeksLesterMeeks USMember ✭✭
    edited September 2015

@GeirSagberg - i noticed this started a couple days back with an update... after the XAP starts, go back to Xamarin Studio and go to the menu and (if it is like mine) you will see a weirdly named new device. That is the running XAP. Select it and press play again and all seems to work. Just a bug in how it starts vs how it picks the running instance i think.

In the screen shot i had started my Nexus 5 image, but had to select the address to attach the debugger.

• @LesterMeeks

I have Looked and searched for the same similar Virtual Device, but it is just not there.

I tried running the emulator through Visual Studio, but Visual Studio tells me I need to buy the license before running.
    I have tried changing settings in VM VirtualBox Manager, but mostly it is about networksetting and I have not managed to make it work.
    I am still trying to change android manifest settings, to make it work, but whatever I try or whatever settings I use, I have not Managed it yet!

I keep on trying

If anyone has the solution, it would be great to hear from you!

• okay I did some reseach, I was looking and checking were the problem might came from;

-Firewall
    -Antivirus
    -any other settings on VirtualboxManager

what I found is that we need to open a port which can be read here:

The Xamarin Android Player communicates with the virtual Android machine over a host-only network that is classified as public by Windows. If you are using a firewall product other than Microsoft Windows Firewall, you may need to open port 22468 so that AndroidPlayer.exe may communicate with the virtual machine.

Which can be Found here with all the discription on installing Xamarin Android Player:
    https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/android/getting_started/installation/android-player/

Which led me to opening a port

Which led me to windows firewall
    NL
    http://windows.microsoft.com/nl-nl/windows/open-port-windows-firewall#1TC=windows-7
    EN
    http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-open-a-port-in-the-windows-7-firewall.html

Which led me to trying and failing with the same error, when I thought it could be my Antivirus!
    EN
    http://community.norton.com/en/forums/firewall-blocking-program-how-open-ports

Now I have tried these things but I still get the same problem/error

ref to same problem:

I am sorry, I thought we were all experiencing the same problem!

My Xamarin android player is failing to start.

I have no bugs nor warnings in the Xamarin Studio, but whenever I run the emulator selecting kitkat nexus 4/5 from api level 19 to 22 wont run.
    My anfroidmanifest settings are minimum api 16, targeting api level 22 (lollipop)

The only thing that happens is Xamarin Studio saying in the 'message bar' is: starting nexus 4/5 kitkat

My android player will start but will not install the application

What can I do to solve this problem?
    Have I given enough information?

Kariem

if someone could help would be really appreciated!

Kariem

• @GeirSagberg

have you managed to solve the problem?

• @gmunn

Could you help with this issue? regarding the last few posts

would be really appreciated!

• gmunngmunn USXamarin Team Xamurai

@Kariem There was an update to the android sdk tools that broke XAP being able to set the emulator name if the name contained spaces in it. XS requires the name to know which connected device is the one it's starting. For a quick workaround, rename the emulator so that it does not contain any spaces.

I believe this is fixed in a recent build of XAP, I don't have any info on when that will be released (I think the version was 0.5.6).

Let me know if this solves it for you, otherwise message me privately with IDE and AndroidTools logs (Help | Open Log Directory).

Cheers.

• Sorry no progress here, ended up using default emulator with HAXM instead. Not as fast, but at least it works.

• CygieCygie USMember

@gmunn Thanks, removing the spaces works. Thanks for the workaround!

• Hi, I am new to Xamarin and am using Visual Studio 2015 for development. I am not able to run and see the sample app given by VS 2015. I have installed the VM Box and Xamarin Android Player version 0.5.6. When I run the app from VS using the emulator that is given by XAP the emulator opens and I just see the home screen or the lock screen. The emulator is not showing the app. I have checked the ip of the emulator and it is set.

Please let me know if I am missing some configuration somewhere. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

• RobClotherRobClother GBUniversity ✭✭
    edited September 2015

I'm running Version 0.5.6, and I'm getting exactly the same error. Removing the spaces from the virtual machine name doesn't help.

I get the same behaviour when running XAP directly, and when starting from Xamarin Studio.

From the log files:

ERROR [2015-09-18 16:46:09Z]: Error reading name for assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\MonoTouch\v1.0\Newtonsoft.Json.dll' in framework 'MonoTouch,Version=v1.0':
    System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json.dll' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
    File name: 'Newtonsoft.Json.dll' ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json.dll' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
    File name: 'Newtonsoft.Json.dll'

at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.nGetFileInformation(String s)
    at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.GetAssemblyName(String assemblyFile)
    at MonoDevelop.Core.Assemblies.SystemAssemblyService.GetAssemblyNameObj(String file)
    at MonoDevelop.Core.Assemblies.TargetFramework.FromFrameworkDirectory(TargetFrameworkMoniker moniker, FilePath dir)

ERROR [2015-09-18 16:46:10Z]: Error reading name for assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\Xamarin.iOS\v1.0\Newtonsoft.Json.dll' in framework 'Xamarin.iOS,Version=v1.0':
    System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json.dll' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
    File name: 'Newtonsoft.Json.dll' ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json.dll' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
    File name: 'Newtonsoft.Json.dll'

at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.nGetFileInformation(String s)
    at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.GetAssemblyName(String assemblyFile)
    at MonoDevelop.Core.Assemblies.SystemAssemblyService.GetAssemblyNameObj(String file)
    at MonoDevelop.Core.Assemblies.TargetFramework.FromFrameworkDirectory(TargetFrameworkMoniker moniker, FilePath dir)

ERROR [2015-09-18 16:46:11Z]: Could not update jumplists
    System.InvalidOperationException: The file type is not registered with this application.
    at Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Taskbar.JumpList.AppendCustomCategories()
    at Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Taskbar.JumpList.Refresh()
    at MonoDevelop.Platform.JumpList.UpdateJumpList()
    at MonoDevelop.Platform.JumpList.Run()
    node classlib-taglib-sharp' is not defined on the documentation map node classlib-webkit' is not defined on the documentation map

ERROR [2015-09-18 16:46:16Z]: Could not update jumplists
    System.InvalidOperationException: The file type is not registered with this application.
    at MonoDevelop.Platform.JumpList.OnUpdateTimerEllapsed(Object sender, EventArgs args)

ERROR [2015-09-18 16:46:18Z]: Could not update jumplists
    at MonoDevelop.Platform.JumpList.OnUpdateTimerEllapsed(Object sender, EventArgs args)

ERROR [2015-09-18 16:53:28Z]: ResolverProvider: Exception while retrieving resolve result
    System.TimeoutException: The operation has timed out.
    at Microsoft.FSharp.Control.CancellationTokenOps.RunSynchronously[a](CancellationToken token, FSharpAsync1 computation, FSharpOption1 timeout)
    at Microsoft.FSharp.Control.FSharpAsync.RunSynchronously[T](FSharpAsync1 computation, FSharpOption1 timeout, FSharpOption`1 cancellationToken)
    at MonoDevelop.FSharp.FSharpResolverProvider.MonoDevelop-Ide-Gui-Content-ITextEditorResolverProvider-GetLanguageItem(Document doc, Int32 offset, DomRegion& region)

@RobClother Could you load up the Device Manger, right click on the lower black bar of the window and select 'Generate Bug Report'? This will collate various log files and place them on your desktop in a zip archive. Can you upload that entire archive here.

After this, can you try reinstalling XAP - the errors like XAP is having trouble loading a dependency, I wonder if it has become corrupt.

Log files included here. This is after a reinstall of Xamarin Android Player, with the same behaviour.

I also installed Genymotion, and that works without a hitch.

Please note that the log files were taken from Xamarin Studio, so some of the error messages above could be specific to Xamarin Studio.

Ok, looking at the XAP logs I can see

[15-09-18 14:33:38.80] VBoxManage command failed. This was the command:
    'C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxManage.exe "startvm" "b62c58e7-7b6e-46a5-abd6-478eab77897c" "--type" "headless"'
    StandardOutput: Waiting for VM "b62c58e7-7b6e-46a5-abd6-478eab77897c" to power on...
    VM "b62c58e7-7b6e-46a5-abd6-478eab77897c" has been successfully started.
    ExitCode: 1

VBoxManage is returning an non-zero exit code despite the command being successful. XAP is detected the exit code of '1' and treating it as an error.

I've seen this before on Windows 10 and earlier versions of VirtualBox. Can you confirm which version of VirtualBox you are running?

• I'm getting ready to ditch Xamarin completely.

I'm so thoroughly fed up with all the issues I hardly get any freakin work done, problem after problem after problem. A month away on other work, come back and heyyyyyyy MORE PROBLEMS...

Error getting properties from device '10.71.34.101:5555'
    System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> Mono.AndroidTools.AdbException: Attempted to read past the end of the stream. ---> System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Attempted to read past the end of the stream.
    at Mono.AndroidTools.Util.AggregateAsyncResult.CheckError(CancellationToken token)
    at Mono.AndroidTools.Util.StreamExtensions.EndReadFull(Stream stream, IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at Mono.AndroidTools.Adb.AdbClient.EndReadStatus(IAsyncResult ar)
    at Mono.AndroidTools.Util.AggregateAsyncResult.CheckError(CancellationToken token)
    at Mono.AndroidTools.Adb.AdbClient.EndWriteCommandWithStatus(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func2 endFunction, Action1 endAction, Task1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)