Porting Xamarin Forms Android version to Blackberry 10

I have Xamarin Forms project and I am trying to port Android version to Balckberry. I use Blackberry APK Packager, Blackberry Signer and Blackberry Deploy. I was successful to deploy my Android version to Blackberry 10.2.1, 10.3 and 10.3.1 and launch it. My application works good on BB, but whenever I call async/await method it fails.
Do you know how the .NET asynchronous methods are translated to Java? Or give me any idea, how can I fix this problem?
I am not able to determine the exception, because I don't have debugger.
Thank you for your help.

Answers

• adamkempadamkemp USInsider, Developer Group Leader mod

Xamarin doesn't convert anything to Java. The C# code is either JITed at runtime or compiled to machine code at build time. The C# runtime is built on top of the NDK, I assume, and there may be an issue in BlackBerry's implementation.

Do you know which version of Android BlackBerry is supposed to be compatible with? Maybe it doesn't support a new enough API version.

• JanNepras.8971JanNepras.8971 USMember

I've tried last couple days all android sdk 17 and greater without any success.

• adamkempadamkemp USInsider, Developer Group Leader mod

This sounds like a deficiency in the BlackBerry's compatibility layer. It's probably not acting enough like a real Android environment for Xamarin apps to work properly.