Xamarin component store not responding

Ever since the latest update to my Xamarin Studio, noticed that the component store is not responding to user clicks. This stop developers to add components to project. I am using Mac.

Another weird pattern: It works when you click on any button, than click any of the menu items.

Requesting immediate attention from Xamarin team.

• No luck even after the latest update or in stable version

• mhutchmhutch USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Could you please file a bug on http://bugzilla.xamarin.com and include full version information?

• FeraasKhatibFeraasKhatib USMember
    edited April 2015

I am having this same issue running on my 2015 Retina Macbook Pro. I can open the store and search for components but I can't actually select any and open more information about them or download them.

• IvanSachkovIvanSachkov RUMember

Have the same problem. I can search, but I can't open component to install.

• YidingWangYidingWang USMember

Having the same problem.

• RobertPetzRobertPetz USMember

Yea I'm having the same issue as well - running Yosemite if that makes any difference

=== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 5.8.3 (build 1)
    Installation UUID: 0a826b13-3b3b-4be7-86f0-d5dfa538726c
    Runtime:
        Mono 3.12.1 ((detached/0849ec7)
        GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

Package version: 312010003

=== Apple Developer Tools ===

Xcode 6.3 (7569)
    Build 6D570

=== Xamarin.iOS ===

Version: 8.9.1.3 (Business Edition)
    Hash: f7736a4
    Branch: 
    Build date: 2015-04-09 04:22:08-0400

=== Xamarin.Android ===

Version: 4.20.2.1 (Starter Edition)
    Android SDK: /Users/rpetz/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx
        Supported Android versions:
            2.1   (API level 7)
            2.2   (API level 8)
            2.3   (API level 10)
            3.1   (API level 12)
            4.0.3 (API level 15)
            4.4   (API level 19)
    Java SDK: /usr
    java version "1.7.0_71"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_71-b14)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.71-b01, mixed mode)

=== Xamarin Android Player ===

Version: Unknown version

=== Xamarin.Mac ===

Not Installed

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 508030001
    Git revision: 6e8e725e0d689351901c2c70453bfa4ea25e293b
    Build date: 2015-04-06 20:31:47-04
    Xamarin addins: 051cd5f8c1b5dbfc87eaef80a74aec03f34c60a8

=== Operating System ===

Mac OS X 10.10.3
    Darwin Roberts-MacBook-Pro.local 14.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.3.0
        Mon Mar 23 11:59:05 PDT 2015
        root:xnu-2782.20.48~5/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

• RobertPetzRobertPetz USMember

I couldn't find a bug listed for this yet so I opened one:

• IanJonesIanJones AUUniversity ✭✭

Robert, bugzilla listing says that your listing is a duplicate of resolved #28441, but I get an access denied error when trying to see the resolution. Have you solved this in your environment yet?

• GerryHighGerryHigh USBeta ✭✭✭

Guys--this is a serious issue as it's not possible to add components via XS. here's the bugzilla: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=28441

Seems it is related to 10.10.3?

• JanRaetsJanRaets USMember
    edited April 2015

I can confirm that this is still broken. Please fix.

Is it possible to install components via the webstore? I have downloaded the .zip files of what I need but I cannot find any documentation on how to add them to my project.

• DonBurnettDonBurnett USMember

Please fix this it's holding up development for me as well.. I have to renew in may and I am considering not doing so. I suspect there is some kind of security content issue with the component store which is web view content.. This should be a number one priority for you. How can you call this a professional development system that people have to pay for when major bugs get past you guys like this.. Something is wrong with your Q&A process. It's got me very disgruntle as it just started happening with me with the latest major update of MAC OS, I have reinstalled all and not running beta.. You guys are costing me time and money.

• NinaVyedinNinaVyedin USXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

This bug has been fixed and will be shipping soon.

• MariusUngureanuMariusUngureanu ROXamarin Team Xamurai

Hey guys!

As a workaround until the new builds of XS with the fix deploy to the update channels, please click the edges of the window as if you'd want to resize the Window, then the events will pass through.

Technical info - if someone wants to know:
    In case anyone else uses manually managed modal sessions in OS X applications, the event queue is no longer getting emptied, therefore events are no longer dispatched. This happened with the 10.10.3 OS X update, so something must have broken in AppKit/CoreFoundation/WebKit.

In case anyone wrote a Mac app with modal webviews like here, they should no longer work and the fix would be to manually manage the event session by dispatching the application events to the window on each iteration.

• I have specified similar work around pattern in my question itself. It doesn't stop us to continue work for now but, it is quite annoying. Long waiting for this patch release now.

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Thanks for the reports all. I have created a new forum announcement for a new preview release build that includes the tentative fix for this issue here:

http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/38056/preview-release-xamarin-studio-5-8-3-fix-component-store-does-not-respond-to-mouse-clicks/p1

I will close this thread to help consolidate further discussion on that new thread (and to ensure that anyone who sees the issue will try the preview release to see if it helps). Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.