XamU & Certification Questions

rmaciasrmacias USBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone! I have a couple of quick questions regarding XamU and renewing my Certification. I've been developing Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android apps for about two years now. I'm pretty comfortable with both platforms. I attended Evolve 2013 last year, and pass the certification exam when it was offered to training attendees. It expired a few weeks ago, and am looking to get renewed. So I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a "renewal" or "fast track" for current/past Certified Mobile Developers? i.e. Is there an accelerated refresher course and then take the test? Or do we have to start from scratch so to speak and take the required live courses, etc.

2. I've noticed that when I try to register for the more advanced classes (the ones I'm generally interested in) they say that they are "not included in my subscription level". Is normal or is this because I've been given access to XamU because I'm attending Evolve 2014 Training and my access here is limited?

3. Given this info, what are my options to get re-certified? Do I have access to all required live classes during my time here until Evolve 2014 so that I can re-new my certification? If not, then would I just have to purchase a subscription and go the normal route?

Thanks!

Best Answers

Answers

• JasonAwbreyJasonAwbrey USInsider, University, Developer Group Leader mod

@KarinaUng‌,

if I'm renewing should my XU Profile reflect that and show only the renewal courses? Mine is showing the full required curriculum

• DaveCarsonDaveCarson GBUniversity ✭✭✭

@KarinaUng I'm a certified mobile developer (certfication expiring early June) and I've just received an invite to take the full test - 150 questions in 3 hours.

Is this correct? It makes no mention of being a renewal exam.

• KarinaUngKarinaUng USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

@DaveCarson The invitation you received is not for renewing your exam; it's for taking the initial test which you won't need to do since you're already certified. We're looking into the issue now and will try to get it fixed asap - will keep you posted!

For news/updates on renewals, please follow the Xamarin Mobile Certification 2015 thread. We'll also be sending an announcement as soon as the renewal exam has been launched and is available.

• DaveCarsonDaveCarson GBUniversity ✭✭✭

Ok - Thanks @KarinaUng