Error on debug deploy from VS2010 to Android Device

I have a service app (as in, another client app talks to it) written using Mono for Android and when I use the debug deploy to my device (both emulated and a physical Note 2) I get a Xamarin error: "Unhandled Exception". Pressing more details, I am given this:
System.ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))
at EnvDTE.SolutionContexts.GetEnumerator()
at Xamarin.VisualStudio.TastyFlavoredProjectExtensions.IsDeployEnabledInActiveConfig (TastyFlavoredProject project)
at Xamarin.VisualStudio.Android.MonoAndroidFlavoredProject.DebugLaunch(__VSDBGLAUNCHFLAGS grfLaunch)

Any ideas what this means? My service app is installed on the device, and seems to be working correctly. The client app can talk to the service just fine. But I think because of this error, I'm unable to breakpoint debug the service app via Visual Studio, which I really need to be able to do.

Thanks!

• Were you able to figure this out? I got the same error in my project.

• AndreyPerevAndreyPerev USMember

I have the same problem. How can i solve it?

• MichalFrantaMichalFranta CZMember ✭✭
    edited January 2015

I have the similar problem :(

In my option helps : Start from begining and create new project (Mobile apps-Blank app (xamarni.forms portable)). I probably had the wrong project settings

• BrianKnoxBrianKnox USMember ✭✭

I get this same exact problem here, from both Xamarin Studio as well as Visual Studio 2010.

System.ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))
    at EnvDTE.SolutionContexts.GetEnumerator()
    at Xamarin.VisualStudio.TastyFlavoredProjectExtensions.IsDeployEnabledInActiveConfig(TastyFlavoredProject project)
    at Xamarin.VisualStudio.Android.MonoAndroidFlavoredProject.DebugLaunch(__VSDBGLAUNCHFLAGS grfLaunch)

I've been trying for a couple hours to get this working, and nothing seems to help.

• I was able to fix the problem by removing unloaded projects from the solution.