Zxing not working on iOS 8

HI I am was using zing for bar code scanner. Before upgrade to iOS 8.0, it was working fine. But after update its throwing below error though I am using a actual device.

Starting to scan...
StartScanning
No input - this won't work on the simulator, try a physical device
Capture Session FAILED

Same code has been used. I tried using latest version of zing but no luck. Does any body faced same problem?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• JonathanDickJonathanDick CAXamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

Please make sure you have the latest version. I am not able to reproduce this, it works fine on iOS8 for me...

• JonathanDickJonathanDick CAXamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

If you still have issues, please open an issue here: https://github.com/Redth/ZXing.Net.Mobile with much more information, such as stack traces, etc.

• dsvdsv USMember

sorry it's working now. What I did is give the app permission to use camera. I was not aware about that. I think it has been changed in iOS 8 to give permission in app setting.
    Thanks for your response.

• PhilippLPhilippL USMember

Hey,
    there is an issue with xamarin ios Version: 8.6.0.41 (Business Edition) and zxing (https://github.com/Redth/ZXing.Net.Mobile/issues/146)

Failed to resolve "System.Void CoreGraphics.CGBitmapContext::.ctor(System.IntPtr,System.Int32,System.Int32,System.Int32, System.Int32,CoreGraphics.CGColorSpace,CoreGraphics.CGImageAlphaInfo)" reference from "Xamarin.iOS, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=84e04ff9cfb79065"

With xamarin ios 8.4 it should work fine.

• voidvoid DKBeta ✭✭✭

@PhilippL‌

I get the same error when trying to deploy (debug) to phone:

MTOUCHTASK: error MT2002: Failed to resolve "System.Void CoreGraphics.CGBitmapContext::.ctor(System.IntPtr,System.Int32,System.Int32,System.Int32,System.Int32,CoreGraphics.CGColorSpace,CoreGraphics.CGImageAlphaInfo)" reference from "Xamarin.iOS, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=84e04ff9cfb79065"
    Task "MTouchTask" execution -- FAILED

Works when I debug in emulator.

• PhilippLPhilippL USMember

I tried the zxing 1.4.7.1 version and the issue has been fixed.

• voidvoid DKBeta ✭✭✭

1.4.7.1 works for me too.

• marguilinemarguiline USMember ✭✭

updating to 1.4.7.2 works for me "too"

• akshayaakshaya USMember, University
    edited February 2015

I have updated to zxing 1.4.7.2 for unified API support . Still I get Failed to resolve "System.Void CoreGraphics.CGBitmapContext::.ctor(System.IntPtr,System.Int32,System.Int32,System.Int32,System.Int32,CoreGraphics.CGColorSpace,CoreGraphics.CGImageAlphaInfo)" reference from "Xamarin.iOS, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=84e04ff9cfb79065"
    Task "MTouchTask" execution -- FAILED when I debug on device . Anybody faced same issue . How did you get it resolved ?
    Xamarin.iOS version is 8.4.0.43
    iPhone OS version : 8.1.2

• GlorfindelGlorfindel USBeta ✭✭

@akshaya: the only thing which worked for me was changing the Linker Options (under Project Options -> iOS Build) to Don't link.

• JohanBouvinJohanBouvin SEUniversity ✭✭

@Emuned
    Have the same problem you seemed to have when using Zxing on iOS 8. You said you solved it by giving the app permission to use the camera. How do you do that?