How do I set ContentPage.BackgroundImage NOT to be tiled?

CarloCarlo USMember, University
edited September 2014 in Xamarin.Forms

I am using Xamarin.Forms and I can set the ContentPage's background image to an image and it does display. However, it is displayed tiled - my image is smaller than the ContentPage so multiple tiled instances of it fills up the background. Is there a way/setting that I can use to display the background image (just one instance) centered in the ContentPage? Thanks!

• I second this request. Images have the Aspect property which would do the job, but Page's BackgroundImage isn't an Image -- just a string -- so Aspect seems to be inaccessible. I'd like to avoid making custom renderers just for this, if possible.

• CarloCarlo USMember, University

Do we have any alternative(s)/workaround(s) to accomplish this? Mind sharing? I'm a novice so thanks for your patience. :)

• SonNguyen.8158SonNguyen.8158 USMember, University ✭✭

I would also like to control the aspect of page backgrounds within Xamarin.Forms, or at least know the reason why it's not more accessible.

• KentoKento USMember

+1 on this issue. Another problem I'm having is that when I size the image perfectly for portrait orientation when the app goes to horizontal, it then tiles.