XAM120 class video is not up-to-date

NinineaNininea USUniversity ✭✭✭

I'm not very familiar of Xamarin.Froms , now I'm trying to dive deep inside this topic (preparing for exam), and find out that there are some changes in newest version Xamarin.Forms , for instance to create content for each platform you should just call LoadApplication(new App()), and etc.

Also in IOS110 what about collection views? There are some changes in class materials .

• MarkSmith.8123MarkSmith.8123 USXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

Hi @nininea,

Yes, the videos often lag behind the live classes and posted materials. It takes about 4-6 weeks to re-record a video (it has the be scheduled with an instructor, recorded, processed and posted). So, when Xamarin.Forms updated in January to 1.3 (then to 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 1.3.3 and now 1.3.4!) we rev the materials to support the live sessions which run all the time, but it takes a bit for the video to catch up.

CollectionViews are going to be in a different class which is being planned now. iOS110 is only about TableViews - but it's about to receive a massive update to cover editing, different data source mechanisms, etc. in the next few weeks, so watch for that. We originally tried to cover both together but found the class to be too long and too shallow for most people (too many things to talk about).

I hope that helps,

Mark Smith
    Xamarin University | Curriculum

• NinineaNininea USUniversity ✭✭✭

Hi @Mark ,

Thanks for useful answer :)