"Can't create project with type: MonoDroid" when adding a new project

JavierJJavierJ USMember ✭✭

I am trying to evaluate the Xamarin tools and I've run into what I think are some installation issues. I originally had the Eclipse ADT on my system and it was working properly. Then I installed the Xamarin tools and they were working OK, but when I checked my original Eclipse ADT, it started raising issues. After trying to figure out what was going on, I ended up uninstalling both Xamarin (including the other packages added by the installer: Gtk and Android SDK), the Eclipse ADT, and even the Java JRE and JDK.

I reinstalled only the Xamarin tools using the XamarinInstaller. Installation went OK but when I run Xamarin Studio I get the following problem: When I try to create a new Android project, I get a message indicating that the "MainActivity.cs file cannot be found" and the project is not created. If I try to add the project to the solution, I get the message "Can't create project with type: MonoDroid" and Xamarin Studio raises an error (attached). After that, I get errors and if I exit Xamarin Studio, it closes the IDE but the process stays in memory.

Can anyone provide any clue of what is going on and how to fix? Thx.

Best Answer

Answers

• JavierJJavierJ USMember ✭✭

BTW, I am using Xamarin Starter (I am trying to evaluate the tools) and the OS is Win7 x64.

• ajitgoelajitgoel USMember

@JavierJ : I still have the same issue. When I run the installer, It just fails. It logs the following error:
    Did not find Xamarin.Android

Can you please help?