Debug Error

Hi,

When i update xamarin.Forms package from nuget and rebuid solution i getting below error.

Error 363 The "LinkAssemblies" task failed unexpectedly.
Xamarin.Android.XamarinAndroidException: error XA2006: Reference to metadata item 'System.Void Android.Widget.AbsListView::SetSelectionFromTop(System.Int32,System.Int32)' (defined in 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android, Version=1.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null') from 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android, Version=1.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' could not be resolved. ---> Mono.Cecil.ResolutionException: Failed to resolve System.Void Android.Widget.AbsListView::SetSelectionFromTop(System.Int32,System.Int32)
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkMethod(MethodReference reference)
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkInstruction(Instruction instruction)
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkMethodBody(MethodBody body)
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessMethod(MethodDefinition method)
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessQueue()
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.Process()
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.Process(LinkContext context)
at Mono.Linker.Pipeline.Process(LinkContext context)
at MonoDroid.Tuner.Linker.Process(LinkerOptions options, LinkContext& context)
at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.LinkAssemblies.Execute()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Xamarin.Android.Diagnostic.Error(Int32 code, Exception innerException, String message, Object[] args)
at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.LinkAssemblies.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.d__20.MoveNext() Marcone.Android

Best Answer

Answers

• Same here :(

• PaulRoyPaulRoy FRMember, University ✭✭

Same for me. On a stable release of forms…

• RuddyMukwamuRuddyMukwamu ZAUniversity

Same here, this is really not cool..

• JoeMitchellJoeMitchell USMember

Setting the Target Framework to 5.0 (21) resolved this for me.
    There's another thread from December on the issue
    forums.xamarin.com/discussion/29768/another-appcompat-build-problem

• UdaraAlwisUdaraAlwis LKMember ✭✭

@JoeMitchell Thanks for the solution. Yes it worked for me too. :)

• MattSpradleyMattSpradley USMember ✭✭

We have the same issue. Anyone able to get it working with a target framework of 19?

• MattSpradleyMattSpradley USMember ✭✭

Tried setting to 21 and we still have the issue.

• Snipp-EdSnipp-Ed USMember

Having the same issue and upgrading to 5.0 is not an option. Any idea if there is a workaround or if the issue gets fixed somehow?

• Snipp-EdSnipp-Ed USMember

Actually I do not get the error message during built but when the following line is executed:

listView.ScrollTo(vm.SelectedItem, ScrollToPosition.MakeVisible, true);

• Pratik.0946Pratik.0946 USUniversity

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Android/Xamarin.Android.Common.targets: Error: Error executing task LinkAssemblies: error XA2006: Reference to metadata item 'System.Void Android.Widget.AbsListView::SetSelectionFromTop(System.Int32,System.Int32)' (defined in 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android, Version=1.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null') from 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android, Version=1.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' could not be resolved. (SandiskPeople.Android)

I am also getting the same error.
    This error only occurs when we try to release the app.
    The target version is 21 and we have the same issue

• Pratik.0946Pratik.0946 USUniversity

Was anyone able to resolve this issue?

• JaredBagleyJaredBagley USMember ✭✭

Still having this issue, and still unable to resolve it regardless of the Minimum/Target Android version and using Xamarin Forms 1.4.2.6359. Has anyone found a solution?

• MateuszKierepkaMateuszKierepka PLDeveloper Group Leader

1.4.4.6392 this same error

Error log:

/AndroidManifest.xml: Warning XA4211: AndroidManifest.xml //uses-sdk/@android:targetSdkVersion '22' is less than $(TargetFrameworkVersion) ''. Using API-23 for ACW compilation. (XA4211) (Tarot.Droid)

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Android/Xamarin.Android.Common.targets: Error: Error executing task LinkAssemblies: error XA2006: Reference to metadata item 'Xamarin.Forms.BindableProperty Xamarin.Forms.BindableProperty::Create(System.Linq.Expressions.Expression1<System.Func2<!!0,!!1>>,!!1,Xamarin.Forms.BindingMode,Xamarin.Forms.BindableProperty/ValidateValueDelegate1<!!1>,Xamarin.Forms.BindableProperty/BindingPropertyChangedDelegate1<!!1>,Xamarin.Forms.BindableProperty/BindingPropertyChangingDelegate1<!!1>,Xamarin.Forms.BindableProperty/CoerceValueDelegate1<!!1>)' (defined in 'Xamarin.Forms.Labs, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null') from 'Xamarin.Forms.Labs, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' could not be resolved. (Tarot.Droid)

• NeelamNeelam USMember

Hi all,
    Did anyone get the solution?
    Please help.

• RenjithPRenjithP USMember

I am also getting the same error in release mode. This error occurs only when setting the linking option to Sdk Assemblies only.
    I am compiling with target and compile version 6.0

• TedebusTedebus USMember ✭✭

A whole year and the issue persists... :(
    Not good.