MvvmCross unable to use SupportFragmentManager

JanoJano USMember

Hi
I am trying to use Xamarin along with MvvmCross to create cross platform application that will also support fragments but i have a problem with not RECOGNIZED SupportFragmentManager. It occurs in MvxActivity and also in MvxFragmentActivity. I have read many articles about fragments in mvvmcross and this support fragment manager is used in every one of them. Also the samples are not working due to this.
Support fragment manager should be inherited from Activity but it seems to be missing and it really stoped my development and now i am considering about not to purchase full license for xamarin because i am unable to repair it by myself.

i am referencing Cirrious.MvvmCross.Droid.Fragging and also Xamarin.support.v4(when i used mono.android.support.v4 i was unable even to use inheritance from mvvmcross libraries). If someone had similar issue and solved it please help.

• PeterDavisPeterDavis USMember ✭✭✭

Is this in an application or a PCL? You can't use Android-specific components in a PCL as that's not cross-platform.

• JonDouglasJonDouglas USXamarin Team, University, Developer Group Leader Xamurai
    edited May 2014

Hey @Jano‌

You are doing it correctly so far, but in MVVMCross there are two different types of Fragging libraries, are you sure you are using Fragging and not FullFragging? Your issue probably resides in using Xamarin.Android.Support.v4 vs. the old version which is Mono.Android.Support.v4

Notice in the example below:

<Reference Include="Mono.Android.Support.v4" />

Which are you currently using?

You can follow a reference here:

https://github.com/MvvmCross/NPlus1DaysOfMvvmCross/tree/b405eef7dddf4d65b00116e142855653eae9f06b/N-26-Fraggle

And a video here:

• JanoJano USMember

Thanks for responses,
    I was using both fullfraging and fraging libraries. After i removed fullfragging and build it everythinkg now looks ok. Also i am referencing only Xamarin.android.support.v4. It is workoing now so its ok but also in above video Mono.andorid is used and i am just curious why it is not working now? was there some update change?

• JonDouglasJonDouglas USXamarin Team, University, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

I believe it's just a naming thing. If it works now, all is well!

• AdamAndersonAdamAnderson USMember ✭✭
    edited February 2015

I'm trying to use MVVMCross and am running into the same problem with not being able to resolve the SupportFragmentManager:

I have MVVMCross and all dependencies (3.5.0), MVVMCross fragment support (3.5.0), and Xamarin Support Library v4 (21.0.3.0) added from NuGet with the references showing up properly in the project.

I also find the same issues with the project at https://github.com/MvvmCross/NPlus1DaysOfMvvmCross/tree/b405eef7dddf4d65b00116e142855653eae9f06b/N-26-Fraggle

Any ideas why this may be happening?

• AdamAndersonAdamAnderson USMember ✭✭

Okay so without any changes what-so-ever, closing and reopening the solution fixed the problem and it's resolving properly.