Forum General

Unable to use trial

Hi
I am trying to use the trial version inside my company's network, I seem to have lots of problems connecting outside to xamarins servers.
Initially I could not activate my trial, but managed to do so by connecting at home - however now I am trying to create a project in visual studio and im getting the error below in the output window and the 'Preparing Solution' window of vs 2012 never completes, is there any way I can use this product without it connecting to external servers ?

System.AggregateException: A Task's exception(s) were not observed either by Waiting on the Task or accessing its Exception property. As a result, the unobserved exception was rethrown by the finalizer thread. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 107.20.247.61:80
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at Mono.VisualStudio.Extension.UpdateClient.<>c__DisplayClass9.<CheckForUpdates>b__5()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Xamarin.VisualStudio.Updater.Utilities.UpdaterTasks.<>c__DisplayClass4.<AutomaticUpdateCheck>b__1(Int32 milliseconds)
   at Mono.VisualStudio.Extension.Utilities.<>c__DisplayClass1.<WaitInUIThread>b__0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 107.20.247.61:80
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   at Mono.VisualStudio.Extension.UpdateClient.<>c__DisplayClass9.<CheckForUpdates>b__5()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Xamarin.VisualStudio.Updater.Utilities.UpdaterTasks.<>c__DisplayClass4.<AutomaticUpdateCheck>b__1(Int32 milliseconds)
   at Mono.VisualStudio.Extension.Utilities.<>c__DisplayClass1.<WaitInUIThread>b__0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 107.20.247.61:80
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---
<---

• serebroserebro USMember, University

Getting exact same error running build server on Mac iOS 10.9 and connecting to it from VS2013.
    Any suggestions?

• KMullinsKMullins USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

All,

Please contact [email protected] to get help with this issue.

Thanks,

Kevin