Update components ?

Hi all,

maybe a stupid question, but I can't find a way to update the components of project.
I'm trying to update the Parse.com component, but not only I can't find a "UI" way to update to the latest, but I can't even find the component in the store when adding a new component...

Any insights ?

Regards.

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

What sort of project are you trying to add the Parse component to? Is it an iOS Classic project?

Looking at the latest version in the component store it only supports Android and iOS Unified projects. Older versions (e.g. 1.3.0) of the Parse component support iOS Classic projects but I suspect you will not be able to see them from within Xamarin Studio since the latest version only supports iOS Unified so it would be filtered out. You could go to the store directly using a browser and download a specific version of the Parse component.

• Hi @mattward ,

I'm indeed using a Classic API project. So it means that I have to upgrade my whole project to unified if I want any updates on Parse ? That's a BIG bummer, but I'm sure not the only one in this case.
    I'll try to find the latest of Parse for non unified project but I'm a bit afraid of the answer :)

Thanks for your help!

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

The last version to support iOS Classic projects seems to be 1.3.1. Whilst the latest version 1.3.3 only supports iOS Unified projects.

• Thanks a lot for your help, forced me to migrate to unified but I needed it at some point anyway!
    Working now though !

Thanks again !

• KMullinsKMullins USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hi @bauer-mobiledev,

Just a quick FYI, we've got some great documentation that can assist you in converting an app to the Unified APIs.

Kevin