Localization in Xamarin projects

Hi,

We are going to implement the Localization concept for our project . To accomplish this, We are following the below Url which contains the android
native way using strings.xml

ref : developer.xamarin.com/guides/android/application_fundamentals/resources_in_android/part_5_-_application_localization_and_string_resources/

and .net way that is using resx files following the below link

Ref : codeproject.com/Articles/578158/GeneratingplusLocalizedplusResourcesplusinplusMono

Kindly suggest on which is the best way to follow for implementing Localization in Xamarin.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• venkateshRvenkateshR INMember

Hi,

Thanks for your kind reply. The above said links are discussed with Xamarin.Forms. But i need a example in Xamarin for Android,iOS and Windows Phone with Vernacular. Kindly provide me an example for this.

As suggested, whether Vernacular support would be avialable in the future if i implement in our project ( our project is a product for long term run ).

Thanks in Advance.

• PierceBogganPierceBoggan USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

I don't work for Rdio (the maintainer of Vernacular), so I can't speak to this long-term. If there are using it in their apps, I would expect it to be continued to maintained.

There isn't tons of documentation on Vernacular; the best resource I've found is @abock's talk from MonkeySpace.

• venkateshRvenkateshR INMember

@pierce.boggan , Thanks for your kind information.