Failed to install application, framework with the same identifier

candersoncanderson USMember ✭✭

This issue started a couple of weeks ago and has happened multiple times since then. It briefly started working correctly again at some point, but appears to be broken again.

Whenever I try to deploy to my device from Xamarin Studio, it fails to install and I get an error such as this:

CopyingFile - PercentComplete: error MT1006: Could not install the application '/Users/c/imaging/IosG/IosG/bin/iPhone/Debug/IosG.app' on the device 'C's iPhone': AMDeviceSecureInstallApplicationBundle returned: 0xe80000b0 (This application or a bundle it contains has the same bundle identifier as this application or another bundle that it contains. Bundle identifiers must be unique.).

Digging a little deeper, I see this log on the device:

Failed to install application at file:///var/mobile/Media/PublicStaging/IosG.app/ : Error Domain=MIInstallerErrorDomain Code=57 "Found bundle at /private/var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.nPJpoQ/extracted/IosG.app/Frameworks/Xamarin.framework with the same identifier (xamarin.ios.xamarin-framework) as bundle at /private/var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.nPJpoQ/extracted/IosG.app/Frameworks/Xamarin-debug.framework" UserInfo={LegacyErrorString=DuplicateIdentifier, FunctionName=-[MIInstallableBundle performPreflightWithError:], SourceFileLine=377, NSLocalizedDescription=Found bundle at /private/var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.nPJpoQ/extracted/IosG.app/Frameworks/Xamarin.framework with the same identifier (xamarin.ios.xamarin-framework) as bundle at /private/var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.nPJpoQ/extracted/IosG.app/Frameworks/Xamari

I'm not sure exactly what the issue would be here, as everything seemed to work fine previously.

I am using Xamarin Studio v 6.3 and Xamarin.iOS V: 10.10.0.36

Answers

• prashantvcprashantvc USXamarin Team Xamurai

@canderson Could you share the verbose build output when you try to deploy the app? It will help us to troubleshoot the issue.

• candersoncanderson USMember ✭✭

Attached in the verbose output of the build.

After adding the mtouch arguments, I did a clean and then tried to build and install to my device.
    The build appeared to go OK, but the install stalled at around 11% and never continued.

If I hit stop, and then start the install again, it appears to skip the building step and goes straight to installation, but gives me this error in the deploying to device output:

CopyingFile - PercentComplete: 99%
    CreatingStagingDirectory - PercentComplete: 5%
    ExtractingPackage - PercentComplete: 15%
    InspectingPackage - PercentComplete: 20%
    TakingInstallLock - PercentComplete: 20%
    PreflightingApplication - PercentComplete: 30%
    DuplicateIdentifier: Found bundle at /private/var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.Fu3Epy/extracted/IosGold.app/Frameworks/Xamarin.framework with the same identifier (xamarin.ios.xamarin-framework) as bundle at /private/var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.Fu3Epy/extracted/IosGold.app/Frameworks/Xamarin-debug.framework
    error MT1006: Could not install the application '/Users/canderson/imaging/IosGold/IosGold/bin/iPhone/Debug/IosGold.app' on the device 'Clint's iPhone': AMDeviceSecureInstallApplicationBundle returned: 0xe80000b0 (This application or a bundle it contains has the same bundle identifier as this application or another bundle that it contains. Bundle identifiers must be unique.).

Application could not be uploaded to the device.

@prashantvc Have any ideas for this yet? I've still having issues getting my application to deploy to a device.

With the latest Visual Studio update, I was able to run my project in this simulator, but when I try to deploy to the device I still get:

CopyingFile - PercentComplete: 99%
    CreatingStagingDirectory - PercentComplete: 5%
    ExtractingPackage - PercentComplete: 15%
    InspectingPackage - PercentComplete: 20%
    TakingInstallLock - PercentComplete: 20%
    PreflightingApplication - PercentComplete: 30%
    DuplicateIdentifier: Found bundle at /private/var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.7sOdmv/extracted/IosGold.app/Frameworks/Xamarin.framework with the same identifier (xamarin.ios.xamarin-framework) as bundle at /private/var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.7sOdmv/extracted/IosGold.app/Frameworks/Xamarin-debug.framework
    error MT1006: Could not install the application '/Users/canderson/imaging/IosGold/IosGold/bin/iPhone/Debug/IosGold.app' on the device 'Clint's iPhone': AMDeviceSecureInstallApplicationBundle returned: 0xe80000b0 (This application or a bundle it contains has the same bundle identifier as this application or another bundle that it contains. Bundle identifiers must be unique.).

• jsuttheimerjsuttheimer DEMember
    edited September 25

I've had the same problem since updating to the latest version of Xamarin.
    The iOS Ad-Hoc-Build can no longer be deployed to a device.

Error message:
    Deploy failed. The app 'MECApp.iOS' could not be deployed to the device 'iPhone 7+'. Error: error MT1006: Could not install the application '/Users/devuser/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/MECApp.iOS/422dff03854beac988203e44d8719e67/bin/iPhone/Ad-Hoc/MECApp.iOS.app'
    on the device 'iPhone 7+': AMDeviceSecureInstallApplicationBundle returned: 0xe80000b0
    (This application or a bundle it contains has the same bundle identifier as this application or another bundle that it contains. Bundle identifiers must be unique.).

Without it's extension, the app can be deployed to the device without any problems.

The error message tells something about bundle identifiers that are not unique.
    But both the App and it's Extension have different bundle identifiers, as required by Apple.

App: de.mydomain.MyApp
    Extension: de.mydomain.MyApp.Extension

There was no problem before updating to the latest version of Xamarin.

Current version:
    Visual Studio 15.3.5
    Xamarin 4.7.9.45
    Xamarin iOS 11.0.0.0 (152b654)

@prashantvc Any update on this? Seems like I am not the only one.

Still getting this issue using Visual Studio Version 7.1.3 (build 1)
    Mono 5.2.0.224 (d15-3/14f2c81) (64-bit)
    Xcode 8.3.3 (12175.1)

• lassanalassana BYMember ✭✭

Same problem with Xamarin.iOS 11.0.0.0 and Xcode 9. Very annoying.