BottomTabbedPage - Xamarin.Forms page for bottom navigation on Android

tuyenvtuyenv Vu Duc TuyenVNUniversity ✭✭

Hi,

We just released our Xamarin.Forms control, BottomTabbedPage, public on Github.

We also wrote a blog for our control.

Plz take a try and feedback.
Regards,
Tuyen

• N_BauaN_Baua Nhilesh Baua INMember ✭✭✭

Hi @tuyenv,

Thanks for sharing this control, Before I can really test and use in my project, I would like to ask few questions, if you please answer.

• Does it support, horizontal scrolling, in-case there are more then 5 tabs?
    • Does it support switching of tabs at run-time (programmatically) via event and/or command?
    • Can we disable/hide the tab(s) at run-time?

Also, it would be really nice, if you can capture device/simulator screens-shots or animated gifs showing the functionlity of your control and upload on the GIT.

Regards,
    N Baua

• tuyenvtuyenv Vu Duc Tuyen VNUniversity ✭✭
    edited July 17

Hi @N_Baua,

• No. BottonNavigationView only supports maximum 5 tabs, no more with any other options
    • There is no command/event at the moment. Do you think that's a case? We could do stuff up-on page appearing/navigated to, right?
    • We could add/remove tabs at run-time. It's not possible to disable one for now, I think it isn't a realistic case.

Additionally, it's not a new stuff. It's just the Android stuff with a lot of demo for the native library, so I don't really think I need to include another show case for our library.

Regards,
    Tuyến

• N_BauaN_Baua Nhilesh Baua INMember ✭✭✭

Thanks for your prompt reply, that's super clear.

N Baua

• SmeSme St Ei USMember ✭✭✭

This looks good, I will check it out later. I am currently using my own "custom" version of BottomNavigationBarXF, although it is still a bit buggy (for example, if you are at a tabbed page, and then push a new page, open the keyboard, and then pop the page while the keyboard is still open, when returning to the tabbed page, the tabs appear as if the keyboard is still open).