Visual Studio Mac Won't Show iOS Simulators

I've got a Xamarin Forms solution with iOS and Android projects. The iOS side was working, I switched over and did a bunch of work on the Android side. Now I need to do some more iOS stuff (push notifications) and I can't get the iOS Simulator to kick in. Xcode is installed, VS says it can see the SDK. I can open the simulator from XC but inside VS no matter what Debug combination of the .iOS project I select all I get is "Generic Simulator". Any ideas?

Best Answer

• HowardFore.0656HowardFore.0656 Howard Fore USMember
    Accepted Answer

ANSWER: Thanks to Stack Overflow, the answer is that the minimum version in the info.plist has to be no higher than the level of the iOS SDK you have installed. I only have 10.2 and thus in my iOS project's options in VS i had 10.2 selected in the iOS Build settings. But the info.plist inexplicably had 10.3 as the minimum version. I'm not sure how that got changed, but as soon as I set it to 10.2 then I could see the list of iOS debuggers.

Answers

• HowardFore.0656HowardFore.0656 Howard Fore USMember
    Accepted Answer

ANSWER: Thanks to Stack Overflow, the answer is that the minimum version in the info.plist has to be no higher than the level of the iOS SDK you have installed. I only have 10.2 and thus in my iOS project's options in VS i had 10.2 selected in the iOS Build settings. But the info.plist inexplicably had 10.3 as the minimum version. I'm not sure how that got changed, but as soon as I set it to 10.2 then I could see the list of iOS debuggers.