Forum Xamarin.Forms

apk from local fileserver

NessaNessa DEMember ✭✭

Helloooooo
I want to make an App, which can take an apk from an local fileserver (windows) and put it on the mobile device (android)
The fileserver is in the Network but only per LAN and so I don't get any fileserver Access...
Do you have any tip how i can manage it?
Thank you very much :blush:

Answers

• N_BauaN_Baua INMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nessa said:
    Helloooooo
    I want to make an App, which can take an apk from an local fileserver (windows) and put it on the mobile device (android)
    The fileserver is in the Network but only per LAN and so I don't get any fileserver Access...
    Do you have any tip how i can manage it?
    Thank you very much :blush:

Please Nessa,
    This is not an Xamarin Forms question. The forum is meant only for Xamarin related question and guys here will only help if you showcase what have you done so far. If you ask North people will only point you a finger in north direction, no one would walk you north, hope I am not being rude to you. Thanks.

Either put this in StackOverflow or ExpertsExchange kind of forum.

Regards,
    N Baua

• NessaNessa DEMember ✭✭

mhm maybe you understood me wrong? I don't want to get the App without doing sth and just by asking in the Forum :flushed:
    I make the App in VisualStudio with Xamarin so I thought it is related?

• NessaNessa DEMember ✭✭

maybe my matter can be understood better now?

• N_BauaN_Baua INMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nessa ,

Oh my bad,
    I doubt the DNS is resolved properly.
    Have you tried using HttpClient (CAUTION - no support for FTP, but better part you can have concurrent requests and support async operations.)?

Choose wisely :)

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    N Baua