Forum Xamarin Test Cloud (Read Only)

How to access the the icon in toolbar header

Hi,

I am trying to access the More Options icon (three vertical dots) in toolbar header in a test method. This icon doesn't have any id associated with it neither it has any visible labels. I found the "More Options" label via repl and tried to access using that label. But it isn't working. Getting timeout exception on the WaitForElement method. Am on a native project not forms. Any idea on how to access it ?

Thanks
Kumaran

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Accepted Answer

Hi Shantimohan,

Found the solution. Below code works. I tried it earlier but the O in options was in caps.

app.Tap(c => c.Marked("More options"));

Thanks for your time.

Kumaran

Answers

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Just use the 'label'.

• Hi Shantimohan,

What do you mean by label here. Are you asking me to try finding it using the label (More Options). I tried the below and it threw a timeout exception
    app.WaitForElement(c=>c.All("More Options"));

Thanks
    Kumaran

@kumaran52v said:
    Hi Shantimohan,

What do you mean by label here. Are you asking me to try finding it using the label (More Options). I tried the below and it threw a timeout exception
    app.WaitForElement(c=>c.All("More Options"));

Thanks
    Kumaran

Just to understand it better, can you show the XAML for setting ToolbarItems? How are you getting that "More Options" button?

• Hi,

It isn't a Xamarin Forms app. It is Xamarin Android native app. It is coming out of the box. Default xamarin native project template gives it. I think, it is part of android.support.v7.widget.Toolbar control. Because I don't see the "More Options" label in the toolbar.axml file.

• KumaranVellaisamy.1744KumaranVellaisamy.1744 INMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hi Shantimohan,

Found the solution. Below code works. I tried it earlier but the O in options was in caps.

Thanks for your time.

Kumaran

@kumaran52v said:
    Hi Shantimohan,

Thanks for your time.

Kumaran

That's great.