Xamarin Unit Testing from the Command Line

I'm coming from a native iOS / Android development background and I'm trying to understand the tooling around Xamarin Unit Testing using the Command Line.

From my point of view there are two types of code that you want to Unit Test:

• Plain Old C# Code - with no dependencies to any iOS / Android framework - so it shouldn't need an iOS / Android emulator to run on
  • Code that depends on iOS / Android frameworks that needs to run on a device / emulator

The official Xamarin documentation mentions NUnitLite / Touch.Unit but it doesn't mention any support around Command Line. I did found an example though, but it's not clear to me if this is a tool that's officially supported by Xamarin. Also it seems that you can run tests only on the emulator/device using that tool.

Another example I've found around refers to xUnit.net - it seems that you can also run tests without an emulator / device, and that you can also run them on an emulator / device - however in that specific blogpost it's not documented how you do that.

So my question is: How should I approach Xamarin Unit Testing and what tools do you recommend using so I can have Command Line support in my CI.

Thank you