Xamarin.Forms using shared project, and referencing a PCL. (Failed to resolve assembly)

Hi,
I am using Xamarin.Forms and have selected the "Shared Project".
In the solution I have added a new project, which is a PCL. I reference that PCL in Android/iOS/UWP projects.

I am trying to access an embedded resource (image) in the PCL, and referencing it via xaml using the "ImageResourceExtension".

It works when deploying to a real Android device, but when running it via "Xamarin Live Player", I get the exception:

The following errors were encountered when building and running your app:

• Failed to resolve assembly: 'Resources, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

I am using Android Xamarin Live Player 1.0.352.

Is such an issue addressed in the "Alpha Release: 1.0.402" (which I just subscribed to), or is this a new issue?

Perhaps it is wrong to use a PCL for the resources?

Thanks.
Martin

BTW: I think the "Xamarin Live Player" is going to be awesome.

Answers

• Martin_BitProgressMartin_BitProgress DKMember

When I use Xamarin.Forms and PCL (Not shared project), and embedding the image in the PCL, and accessing it via "ImageResourceExtension" in xaml, I get the error:

"Object of type 'NInterpret.InterpretedObject' doesn't match target type 'Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.IMarkupExtension' (TargetException)"

The exact same code works on a real android device.

• BillyMartinBillyMartin USMember ✭✭

I get the same error when I use a shared project with a plugin like internet or gps. Can't get PCL to work at all. Visualization errors.

• JamesMontemagnoJamesMontemagno USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

What version of the app are you running? Those issues are addressed in 1.0.402+

• NguynVanMNguynVanM USMember

I get same error on iOS, appstore version is 1.0.253 but on Play Store is 1.0.507

• JamesMontemagnoJamesMontemagno USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

I just pushed out a new version (1.2.80) to google play which now supports .NET Standard project types.

For iOS the Test Flight Fast Ring version supports it as well.