Has anyone had any issues with the UIImagePickerController under iOS7?
We have an existing app which has been rock-solid under iOS6, but camera functionality is flakey under iOS7. Code has even gone through numerous rewrites which various implementations of camera control using both Xamarin.Mobile component and direct control of UIImagePickerController.
- Presenting a UIImeagePickerController either natively or using Xamarin.Media, throws "Memory Warning received" errors to console log. This occurs before tapping "Take Photo".
- Mem usage spikes on "Take Photo" and then backs off back to normal levels.
- Taking multiple photos on low-end devices w/512MB RAM (ie. iPad Mini, iPad2) typically crashes app after taking 4-5 photos.
Tried so far
- Extensive work ensuring efficient memory management. All UIImageViews and UIImage C# are correctly disposed of to permit GC of the "wrapper" objects and eventual removal of native objects by the OS.
- "DidReceiveMemoryWarning" is overridden and fires a GC.Collect() in a last-ditch attempt to free memory.
- Tried different build configs, incl experimental SGen GC.
- Crash after 4-5 photos on devices w/512MB ram.
- No crash on devices w/1GB RAM, but application still receives on/off memory warnings. App is not terminated though.
- Works flawlessly on same low-end devices running iOS6.
- Stable channel, XS running on OSX Mavericks.
- Monotouch v7.x
- SDK v6.1 (app not yet targeted at iOS7 as requires UI rewrite!)